Must Go Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must Go Fishing

That's it, I can't take it any longer. I've gotta get out there. Tomorrow, no wind, in the 40s, chance of rain... Good enough for me. I'm launching on the Magothy from Beechwood Park in Pasadena. I think I'll try to hunt down some yellow perch and maybe see if there are any pickerel lurking in the upper parts of the river. Either way I'm gonna paddle around and get my lines wet. It's been a long cold winter.
    Jengles

2017 Vibe Sea Ghost 130 "Saxatilies Specter"

Good luck! You could also join us at the meet and greet tomorrow on the Susquehanna (Jean Roberts Launch), check the main forum if you're interested. Blackjack is hosting.

Comment

I wish I had know, I've been wanting to go to one of the meet and greets but I think I'll have to pass this time. I'm already pretty committed to the Magothy in the morning. Maybe next time. Hope you guys have fun.
      Jengles

Comment

sent you a pm
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Thanks mchottie, I send you a text, It'll be from a 703 number.
          Jengles

Comment

Tides are all wrong tomorrow for Mattawoman Creek...have to wait another few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

It has indeed been a long, cold winter. I'll be out tomorrow as well looking for first fish of 2018 doing some jigging and trolling and definitely watching the FF for any chilly, schooled up rock. Good luck to everybody at the Meet and Greet! I can't make it up that way in the time I've got for tomorrow, but I'll catch you all soon.
              Matt
              Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
              2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
              10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Best of luck, look forward to your report.
                John Rentch
                Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Jengles,

I drove past Beachwood at 0930 today. I saw two kayaks on the water. You were in the right spot if that was you. I hope you did well.
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                  Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

It was a nice-ish day on the water. The temperature was fine both air and water and the rain was only slightly annoying. And I can certainly report that the new Helly Hansen jacket I got for X-mass performed excellently. As for the fishing, it was kinda slow. I paddled up to the bridge cast everything in my arsenal looking for yellow perch and pickerels and then slowly worked my way back to Beachwood hitting docks and grass beds. In the end I never managed my target species but did manage to hook 3 gizzard shads aka the stinky shad. They were not something I was expecting. But I guess technically I'm off the shnide for 2018, I guess they count. I wish I had brought out some minnows all I had was artificial. I did see one guy up at the parking area with a pickerel in his bucket and spoke with a fellow kayaker that had some luck with white perch on minnows. It was good to get out and paddle around, I do enjoy the simple pleasure of sitting in my little boat. Hope everyone else who made it out had a good time and where able to pull a few in.
                    Jengles

Comment

Originally posted by Jengles View Post
                      ...I do enjoy the simple pleasure of sitting in my little boat.
                      I can relate to that.

Glad you got out.
                      Mark
                      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

It has been a difficult winter, hopefully the spring will be better, if it ever gets here.
                        John Rentch
                        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Glad you were able to hook something, even the gizzards count to break in 2018! I was out on Saturday and spent the day jigging around Ft. Armistead in the channel. Lots of stacked small schools between 45-55' and some bigger marks, but couldn't get anything to bite. Swapped to trolling for a couple hours but the FF was a ghost town in anything less than 45 FOW. Come on spring!!!
                          Matt
                          Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
                          2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
                          10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

I didn't have any luck at Brandon Shores either, not far from you. I looked around for warmer water to no avail, but I did find a few schools around the pier. Nothing liked what I was throwing though.
                            2015 Hobie Outback
                            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I almost did Armistead, It's a good place to launch from. I went out in my buddy's boat 3 weeks ago from there and had pretty much the same results you did. Several marks deep in the channel but nothing biting. I'm gonna keep hitting it when ever the weather allows it. Good luck to everyone else
                              Jengles

Comment

Working...
                              X