Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Must Go Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Jengles View Post
    ...I do enjoy the simple pleasure of sitting in my little boat.
    I can relate to that.

Glad you got out.
    Mark

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Red Native Ultimate 14.5

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com and via PM

It has been a difficult winter, hopefully the spring will be better, if it ever gets here.
    John

Annapolis
    Native Slayer Propel 10
    Native Ultimate 12

Glad you were able to hook something, even the gizzards count to break in 2018! I was out on Saturday and spent the day jigging around Ft. Armistead in the channel. Lots of stacked small schools between 45-55' and some bigger marks, but couldn't get anything to bite. Swapped to trolling for a couple hours but the FF was a ghost town in anything less than 45 FOW. Come on spring!!!

I didn't have any luck at Brandon Shores either, not far from you. I looked around for warmer water to no avail, but I did find a few schools around the pier. Nothing liked what I was throwing though.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

I almost did Armistead, It's a good place to launch from. I went out in my buddy's boat 3 weeks ago from there and had pretty much the same results you did. Several marks deep in the channel but nothing biting. I'm gonna keep hitting it when ever the weather allows it. Good luck to everyone else
    Jengles

2017 Vibe Sea Ghost 130 "Saxatilies Specter"

I almost did Armistead, It's a good place to launch from. I went out in my buddy's boat 3 weeks ago from there and had pretty much the same results you did. Several marks deep in the channel but nothing biting. I'm gonna keep hitting it when ever the weather allows it. Good luck to everyone else
    I have a much closer launch to the power plant than Armistead
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

I paddled up to the bridge...
    Magothy Bridge(road)? Can't say we've ever headed 'upstream' we typically head towards the bay. Can you duck under the bridge head up towards Catherine Ave or is the depth too shallow?
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Backup Babe (Girlfriends Ride): Carribean Blue Hobie Outback Lowrance Elite 5 HDI w/ Pumpkin Spice Latte holder

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by mchottie View Post
    Magothy Bridge(road)? Can't say we've ever headed 'upstream' we typically head towards the bay. Can you duck under the bridge head up towards Catherine Ave or is the depth too shallow?
    Michael,

You can definitely head under the bridge.

Here's the bridge:

P1020559.jpg

Here's what it looks like after going under the bridge:

P1020562.jpg
    As you head to the shoreline immediately in front of you in the photo above, the river bends to the left. It gets shallow there depending on the tide. But generally you can go upstream after passing under the bridge for about 1/2 of a mile. I checked that on Google Earth.

There's a lot of water to fish between the bridge and the place where you'll bottom out.

In fact, John Rentch and I are heading to Beachwood tomorrow morning -- not because reports have been good but just because we want to get out. Anyone is welcome to join us.
    Mark

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Red Native Ultimate 14.5

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com and via PM

Mark,

Thursday is 'predicted' to reach 68* (and rumored to reach 72*) which may produce a 'sick' day for me I doubt I can meet tomorrow, but if your Thursday schedule is open, shoot me a PM
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Backup Babe (Girlfriends Ride): Carribean Blue Hobie Outback Lowrance Elite 5 HDI w/ Pumpkin Spice Latte holder

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream

As Mark stated there is a lot of water up above the bridge and on my sonar I was getting about 5-6 feet. That was about three hours before high tide. I saw a video on you tube of a guy at that bridge pulling in lots of pickerel, the video was from a few years ago but I still wanted to check it out. I felt a bump in the water there but it was probably just another shad.
    Jengles

2017 Vibe Sea Ghost 130 "Saxatilies Specter"