Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Must Go Fishing

Mattawoman Creek for me Thursday...blue catfish...morning launch- off the water by 1 pm...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

Thats my thoughts also, rain moving into the afternoon, 30% chance.
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Backup Babe (Girlfriends Ride): Carribean Blue Hobie Outback Lowrance Elite 5 HDI w/ Pumpkin Spice Latte holder

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream

Guys, those marks you're seeing deep that won't bite are likely mud shad. There are thousands of them all over the rivers. They can be large so the marks can be mistaken for stripers. There will be stripers mixed in. Try what I call the "winter stall" It'll help put some fish on the board. For those with my jigging book, I talk about two strategies for this time of year, see page 157 and 161. You've got to do everything just right to get them this time of year and those are the things that I've found work best.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Yak Fish View Post
    Guys, those marks you're seeing deep that won't bite are likely mud shad. There are thousands of them all over the rivers. They can be large so the marks can be mistaken for stripers. There will be stripers mixed in. Try what I call the "winter stall" It'll help put some fish on the board. For those with my jigging book, I talk about two strategies for this time of year, see page 157 and 161. You've got to do everything just right to get them this time of year and those are the things that I've found work best.
    That makes a lot more sense than an entire school of striper not being hungry haha I had no idea mud shad could be that big. Thanks for the info. I've got the trolling book, but it sounds like there's a jigging book order that needs placing. I appreciate the help Alan!

Quote Originally Posted by YakMan1731 View Post
    That makes a lot more sense than an entire school of striper not being hungry haha I had no idea mud shad could be that big. Thanks for the info. I've got the trolling book, but it sounds like there's a jigging book order that needs placing. I appreciate the help Alan!
    The schools of mud shad can be enormous. He's a label screen shot of my fish finder from last week or so.
    https://www.facebook.com/chesapeake....type=3&theater

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback
    Alan