Torqeedo Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve6902 View Post
    So here is the big news from Torqeedo, the Ultra Light 403 can now be purchased with the 915w battery. Cost $2,300. The 915w will let you go all day compared to the standard battery. Also they have reached out to all kayak manufacturers to come up with kayak specific mounts.
    Well, that has not been announced yet but there are other things coming within the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve6902 View Post
      So here is the big news from Torqeedo, the Ultra Light 403 can now be purchased with the 915w battery. Cost $2,300.
      I had to do a double take after re-reading this. If the above is correct, it would be some pretty sleazy pricing from torqeedo. Based on full msrp on all components, you have the 403 with base battery which sells for $600 by itself. The 915w battery is $900 by itself. The way I'm looking at it is Torqeedo is planning on charging you $500 for a $300 battery upgrade?
      "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
      Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Memory Maker, it was posted by Jeff Little on the Torqeedo Facebook page. Jeff Little is the sales manager for Torqeedo and sits on their pro staff. So if you know of something different then let’s hear it.

Nhunter344, you are correct about the up charge. I was hoping that they would just sell it for the difference and not gauge. I really wish you could just buy what you needed. Say just the motor, or battery and so on. Kind of ala carte.
        Last edited by Steve6902; 02-14-2018, 03:12 PM. Reason: Grammar
        2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Nope you are correct. I’m on the Team Torqeedo and knew about this before but told we couldn’t announce it. I just saw that Jeff said it was ok.

The other big thing is the sale on the 320 battery for $225. These are coming in the next couple of weeks.

Here is the announcement:

1. $100 off Rebate:
          For 2018 KBF members only, Torqeedo Ultralight 403 and preordered 403C motors purchases between 1/1/18 and 4/15/18 can receive a $100 rebate check from Torqeedo. Refer to the form listed on the Torqeedo Kayak Fishing Facebook page
          2. Torqeedo Ultralight 403C:
          This is the same as the Torqeedo Ultralight 403, but will have a 915 Watt hour battery instead of a 320 Watt hour battery. It will be available in April 2018. Preordering starts when the product appears on the Torqeedo online store, likely the end of next week. Price: $2,299
          3. Spare Battery Sale:
          320 Watt hour for $225. Available at that price while supplies last. Special pricing will begin when it’s updated on the Torqeedo Online Store late next week.
          4. Existing Mounts:
          The following options are available now for Torqeedo Ultralight installation:
          A. Torqeedo Ultralight Ball Style Mount - works with most kayaks and allows full trim, depth and distance from the stern adjustments required for maximum speed.
          B. Many aftermarket mounts, including those made by Kevin Dismuke, B & C Power Yaks, Bassyaks, Island Hopper Outboard Motor Mounts, The Kayak Fishing Store and other individual kayak shops.
          5. Mounts Being Developed For Future Release:
          A. Torqeedo is developing a mount that will fit the four bolt pattern offered on the stern of many kayaks. It will feature full trim and depth adjustments on a frame that maximizes distance from the stern. This allows for the highest speed and turning responsiveness. It will feature a quick removal feature as well as the ability to stow on the mount for secure transport. It will also be rugged enough to handle a 1000 Watt motor. There is no release date available at this time.
          B. YakAttack Mount
          The mount that was developed by a YakAttack and Torqeedo partnership has become a 100% YakAttack product development. It will be an improved version of the Advanced Integrated Mount. There is no scheduled release date for this project.
          C. Kayak Manufacturer Specific Mounts
          Torqeedo is working with NuCanoe, Kaku Kayak, Live Watersports, Bonafide, Wilderness Systems, Hobie and others to bring brand specific Torqeedo mounting and steering solutions to market. This includes the Hobie Evolve and Wilderness Systems Helix Motor Drive.
          Please watch the Torqeedo Kayak Fishing Facebook Page for future announcements.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
            The other big thing is the sale on the 320 battery for $225. These are coming in the next couple of weeks.
            Hmmm, decisions. 3 320's for the price of one 915. Tempting, but do I want to carry around that many batteries?
            Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Dang ......... does anything please you

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                Dang ......... does anything please you
                Me? I'm glad to hear all this news. I'm not really complaining. It's more along the lines of complaining that there are too many flavors to choose from at baskin robbins. In the end you're still eating ice cream!

Definitely going to pick up at least one of the $225 batteries. I do appreciate the heads up!
                Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Okay, so it was just posted that Torqeedo will NOT be posting the sale on their website. You MUST call them. So I did and I got a 403 spare batt for $225 plus tax and a $65 Hazmat/shipping fee. The reason for tax is because Jeff Little is a Torqeedo sales rep. Still it beats the $600 plus S/H and tax.
                  2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Working...
                  X