Jean Robert Park Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean Robert Park Info

Does anyone know if this ramp is open to launch from?? Is it still frozen over?? How is the water clarity?? I have this Wednesday (31 JAN) off and thinking of going after some Yellow Perch. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
    2017 Hobie PA14

Originally posted by Steve6902 View Post
    Does anyone know if this ramp is open to launch from?? Is it still frozen over?? How is the water clarity?? I have this Wednesday (31 JAN) off and thinking of going after some Yellow Perch. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
    Ramp is clear right now, water is fairly muddy especially with the recent rain. If you want to get a look at the current clarity, do a search for Tidewater Marina (can't access the page right now) the weather page on there has camera pointed out towards the flats and will give you an idea of how the water looks.
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

I live in HDG and go by there almost daily. Jean Roberts at lower tide has a spread of about about 5-6' of thin ice on the lower portion of the ramp or at least it did yesterday morning. Tidewater Marina ramp is clear of ice so is the Perryville boat ramp. It's a great launch site but there is a $10.00 daily fee. payable at city hall, or if you can snag one of the few annual boat launch passes for $25.00 it's a great buy. Launching from there puts you on access to the deep water fishing and good yellow perch grounds. The water clarity all over is muddy right now.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I’ll just hit the Bush or Gunpowder. I just want to hit the water and fish. Then again there is the Magothy.
        2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

It seems like a pretty cool launch, and the launch was pretty much clear when I went out 2 weekends ago. That was right after 2 really warm days however. Blackjack told me that the ramp fee for Jean Roberts is only really for powerboaters, kayakers don't have to pay. It was really nice to get out there on the water, even though I didn't catch anything. That's to be expected though if I'm fishing in January.

Comment

I know there is a M&G there on 10 FEB. Was just looking to get out on this Wednesday since I have to work the weekend now. I hear Gray's Run is looking good, think I'll hit that instead.
            2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Does anyone know of a bait shop around the Bush River area?? Looking for some bull minnows.
              2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                It seems like a pretty cool launch, and the launch was pretty much clear when I went out 2 weekends ago. That was right after 2 really warm days however. Blackjack told me that the ramp fee for Jean Roberts is only really for powerboaters, kayakers don't have to pay. It was really nice to get out there on the water, even though I didn't catch anything. That's to be expected though if I'm fishing in January.
                Although not strictly enforced, it is free to car topped kayakers during the week but on weekends the $5.00 ramp fee does apply to all who launch from there. Steve you can launch from there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
                  Although not strictly enforced, it is free to car topped kayakers during the week but on weekends the $5.00 ramp fee does apply to all who launch from there. Steve you can launch from there right now.
                  Thank you for the info, I will make sure to pay next time I'm there on a weekend.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Actually the ramp is free at all times for car-topper kayaks and canoes,free to trailers all week..trailered boats only pays weekends and holidays See provided link. http://webapps02.dnr.state.md.us/MDP...PKintKeyID=155
                    Last edited by blackjack; 01-30-2018, 12:47 PM.
                    Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                    Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
                    Hummingbird Helix 5
                    Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
                      Thanks for that info, I did not know car toppers had to pay $5 on the weekend....good info.
                      MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
                      2016 Hobie Outback LE
                      Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Correction, I just noticed the other post that it is free for car toppers on the weekend. Thanks to all for all of the info.
                        MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
                        2016 Hobie Outback LE
                        Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Please see my link previously,cartop are free,
                          Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                          Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
                          Hummingbird Helix 5
                          Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

I stand corrected, There was a charge a couple years ago on weekends, I know because I got stopped and was given a warning but they must have changed it to no fee anytime for kayaks, sorry folks I hadn't checked in awhile. I'm going to check with the city to find out for sure.
                            Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 01-31-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X