Thoughts on side loaders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on side loaders?

Given that I'd like to avoid back surgery, I am thinking of investing in a side loader for my Hobie Outback. I have spoken to several who swear by the Thule Hullavator, but does anyone have any experience with the Yakima ShowDown? It seems to be similar in functionality to the Hullavator but a bit less expensive.

Fly Eagles Fly!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Golden Papaya Outback

I've also heard (and seen in-use) good things about the Yakima Hully Roller. Its still a rear load system, but with the rollers, it takes significant stress off your body from lifting dead weight.
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Spotted this "Double-Hullavator" last weekend at the Kent Island flea market... I think the guy was MD DNR (videography during the market)

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by MD Dore View Post
        Given that I'd like to avoid back surgery, I am thinking of investing in a side loader for my Hobie Outback. I have spoken to several who swear by the Thule Hullavator, but does anyone have any experience with the Yakima ShowDown? It seems to be similar in functionality to the Hullavator but a bit less expensive.

Fly Eagles Fly!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        The Hullavator is the bomb. I have one on our RAV4 for the tandem, and when I take my Revo on vacation to the OBX. I use Thule J Racks around here on my "fishing" car, a 2007 Toyota Corolla with 224k miles. My wife won't set foot in this machine. Smells too nasty. Whatever. [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Jim McFalls
        MSG US Army Retired
        US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Class of 1998

2018 Hobie Revo 13 - Sea Grass
        2015 Elie Coast 120XE Angler - Yellow/White
        2015 Pelican Unison 136t Tandem - Orange/White
        Instagram - @jmcfalls1960
        YouTube - Jimbo the Fishin' Musician

Comment

Working...
        X