Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you were fishing right now????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if you were fishing right now????

Its warmed up and a real possibility to get on the water to test some Christmas gear is upon me. I would love to know what you would do to bend a rod around the area? I have not really chased fish from a kayak this time of year...just wondering what and how you would pursue your favorite fish in the cold water????

Thanks for any suggestions!!!
    XXXMedium

Hobie PA12
    Native Ultimate 14.5 Tandem (Snakehead Rig)

Air temps may be bearable, but always check water temps. This time of season, a drysuit, or minimum dry top are almost necessity. Always be safe.
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I'm a lifelong fisherman, but still less than a year in to actively fishing the Bay, so take this with a grain of salt. Here's what I've soaked up so far that I think is at least somewhat correct:

Yellow perch- small jigs/live bait in creeks
      Catfish- cut bait/chicken/hotdogs/minnows/other formerly living things cut into chunks in the Susky or Potomac tidal areas
      Rock- Super rookie here but I had luck in December finding marks and deep jigging out of Armistead near Ft. Carroll. You can also troll shallow if conditions are right

Pickerel are obviously a huge winter go to as well, but from what I've heard that bite hasn't been around as well recently.

Definitely defer to more seasoned fisherman over me haha But I share your warmer weather excitement...been out once so far this year but still looking for first fish of 2018. Good luck!
      Matt
      Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
      2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
      10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

I’ll be going out on the Susquehanna Saturday. Jerkbaits, jigs, blade baits, small finesse baits. All fished slow, hopefully I’ll get bit lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely blue catfish in their winter haunts.....Marshall hall, ft Washington, mattawoman, some DC areas....

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I am fishing Put and take Rainbow Trout- in freshwater ponds and lakes stocked by DNR...small spinners and tiny crankbait using UL gear...and secondly blue catfish with cut bait in mattawoman Creek...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I'll be hitting the ice-free lakes around DC for pickerel. BUT I will also be carrying the 10wt with a large fly just in case a muskie is feely particularly savage. A boy can dream!
              2017 Jackson Kayak Mayfly

Instagram: @thegreggoutdoors

Gregg

Comment

Working...
              X