Marshall Hall Boat Ramp Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Hall Boat Ramp Closed

The river ice has damaged the pier and ramp at Marshall Hall on the Potomac and Charles County has closed it until they can safely assess the damage. Unknown when it might reopen. I know this is a prime winter spot for catfish so not good news.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
    The river ice has damaged the pier and ramp at Marshall Hall on the Potomac and Charles County has closed it until they can safely assess the damage. Unknown when it might reopen. I know this is a prime winter spot for catfish so not good news.
    Yep...really bad news- and this is a big ramp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

This ramp has been a problem with the ice and floats of hydrilla since it first put in place. Wind can be a major destroyer of boats as well. Slamming them into the launching dock. If only they had built the ramp just wee bit north on the old pilings of the steamboat moorings. Back when it was an amusement park the gambling boat had a big rock wall north of the moorings to protect the docking area.

http://www.marshallhall.org/happyland.html
      Still great fishing just north.

Capt Mike
      Last edited by captmikestarrett; 01-18-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

There's a pull down like...right next to the ramp. Can we use that instead?
        2016 NuCanoe Pursuit 13.5
        2015 F&S Shadowcaster 12
        2008 Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT 12
        2011 Native Ultimate 14.5

Comment

Wow, hopefully that gets resolved quickly, Marshall Hall is the closest launch to the 'lunker' cat honey hole.

Also, the Bassmaster Elite Tournament Series is held at Marshall Hall, so maybe that will create a sense or urgency for repairs. Loss of Revenue is the greatest motivator.
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by WVKayakFisher View Post
            There's a pull down like...right next to the ramp. Can we use that instead?
            I don't know - the Charles County site just says the ramp is closed. I don't know if they've blocked off the parking lot or how they're controlling access. If parking lot was open I imagine you could launch a kayak. I'd keep checking the county site for status updates.
            Mike
            Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Keep us posted on the water access. I thought I had heard the bass master tournament was going to be out of a new venue this year??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X