No announcement yet.

Homeport Farm Park potential kayak storage barn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The park isn't open yet because they're finishing the parking lot and generally cleaning up. I've had no problem parking outside the gate and walking in to look around.

Lisa

Comment

Here's the pervious parking lot sandwich.

There's a layer of sand and then geotextile fabric

Then a layer of compacted coarse rock and a layer of compacted small/medium rock

And then the black plastic honeycomb geoforms and then the geoforms are filled and topped with dirt

There's a lot of technology underneath that dirt layer.

And thankfully the portapottie enclosures on the far side of the parking lot.

Lisa

Comment

There's a pallet of concrete parking curbs in this photo so they're close to being done.

P1010258.jpg

Comment

Hello all, thank you emails for Homeport would really help. The county put far more into Homeport than I ever dreamed they would. Email addresses below.

County Executive Steve Schuh is enthusiastically committed to better public water access and put money for Homeport in his budget. Although Homeport is in District 6, the whole Council voted on the budget for it. The Rec & Parks and DPW team worked really hard on Homeport.

So if you would please send emails telling the people who worked on Homeport how you're going to use it, how you're going to take your wife or your kids or your dad out on the water, about the fishing on the South River, how the new path is going to make it so much easier to get to the water - it's your life on the water, please thank those who made it easier to get there. Pictures are always appreciated, both before and after. Send a pic of your yak, they don't know how heavy a fishing yak is.

Emails below, and please include your first and last name and snail mail address so they know you're a real person.

Thanks

County Executive Steve Schuh: exschu00@aacounty.org

Councilman Pete Smith (District 1): peter.smith@aacounty.org
          please cc Linda Harris, his assistant: linda.harris@aacounty.org
          Councilman John Grasso (District 2): john.grasso@aacounty.org
          Councilman Derek Fink (District 3): dfink@aacounty.org
          Councilman Andrew Pruski (District 4): andrew.pruski@aacounty.org
          Councilman Michael Peroutka (District 5): michael.peroutka@aacounty.org
          Councilman Chris Trumbauer (District 6): ctrumbauer@aacounty.org
          Councilman Jerry Walker (District 7): jerry.walker@aacounty.org

Rick Anthony Director of Recreation & Parks: rpanth49@aacounty.org
          Mike Lofton, Chair, Water Access Commission: MSL49@aol.com
          Ken Alban, Recreation & Parks: rpalba00@aacounty.org
          Masoud Ghatineh, Public Works: pwghat27@aacounty.org

If you really want to dig into the weeds, here's how to find council districts and your county councilman:

Here's a map of the County Council districts:http://www.aacounty.org/boards-and-c...anic%20Map.pdf - it's hard to read, look at the colors and the "District X" labels, not the big numerals

Here's how to find out which Councilman represents you: http://www.aacounty.org/departments/...ber/index.html

Lisa

Comment

Thanks Lisa,

email sent I copied you on it.

Comment

Wow, this launch looks real nice. As soon as it opens I may have to take my kayak out to test out the launch. Great Job Lisa.
              MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
              2016 Hobie Outback LE
              Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
              https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                Wow, this launch looks real nice. As soon as it opens I may have to take my kayak out to test out the launch. Great Job Lisa.
                May be a perfect opportunity for an impromptu meet-n-greet
                Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
                X