Clear All

• 7th Annual Heroes on the Water Flea Market

When: Saturday, January 20th, 2018

Where: Odenton Voluteer Fire Co.
    1425 Annapolis Road
    Odenton, MD 21113

Time: 8am - 2pm

Admission Cost: $4

Previous years we had 53 tables. This year with the help of R.P. Mehl Tackle and Reel Draggin Tackle with large donations to get a larger hall, we have over 80 vendors, including 2 food trucks, 1 being Simple Sands serving breakfast and lunch and Java Divas with their coffee wagon.

We also have a series of seminars featuring April Atamira (Snake Head Science), Joe Bruce (Snake Head Fishing), Ken Lahr & Joe Riley(Offshore Tuna Fishing), Rob Christy (Spring Trophy Trolling), and Shawn Kimbro (Light Tackle Jigging).

If anyone has any questions please contact Tom Brown at 443-306-7306

seminar.jpgflea market.jpg
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Looking forward to it!
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I'll be there, I'll have a bunch of my personal tackle I'm getting rid of; crankbaits, freshwater jigs, hardbody swimbaits, and some other stuff. Prices will be cheap.

I'll also have some stuff from Jigthebay.com, most likely Hats, Tactical Anglers Topwater baits, Bucktails, Tog Jigs, Big Mouth Lures Chatterbaits and Plastics (EliasV, BKD, Keitech Style Paddletails and Bust Em Baits).

Everything from the store is at great show pricing.
      Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
      CCA Annapolis Chapter President

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

Great show, much better facility, easy parking. You did a bang up job on this, hope it’s at same place next year!
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

It was a good show and a Meet & Greet lot of SnaggedLiners there.
          Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
          Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Tom, you did an excellent job on the new location and doing the fishing flea market. Doing tournaments and flea markets that many of us enjoy requires a lot of time and dedication to pull off. You should be commended on doing such a fine job.
            MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
            2016 Hobie Outback LE
            Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
            https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Great job with the event.Much better venue.
              If whoever had the kayak depth finder for sale I am interested if it did not sell.
              Please send me a pm and we can make arrangements..

Woody

Comment

Hey Tom ......... you done GREAT !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Tom and his wife put in countless hours getting the HOW flea market ready. Well done Tom and Tina!

I liked the new, larger facility. Parking was so much easier than at the other place. I sold enough items at my tables to turn around and spend all my profits at someone else's table. I was happy to move out things I did not need/want any longer and bring home several high quality reels that I will use and that take up minimal extra space on the garage fishing shelves. I often am baffled at the end of the day when some things I thought would sell quickly received absolutely no interest, while other items that I thought would have a low probability of selling went easily. I may post a few of the leftover items in the Tackle Box forum.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Great job Tom, all of your hard work paid off, and the HOW did very well from what I heard.
                    Definite plus on the new facility.

Interesting mix of private sellers trying to move old unused gear on to someone else who will appreciate it, and the "commercial" vendors.
                    It certainly seemed to draw a bigger audience, but I kinda miss smaller kayak oriented flea market approach.

Perhaps John Veil will hold such a swap meet in his basement and pass on those nice Stradics I sold him. Lol.
                    Last edited by bignose; 01-21-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

It was a great show, a great venue and an excellent donation made to HOW. A huge win all across. Well done!!

Comment

It was definitely a great show. Joe Bruce's snakehead talk was great, and there was a good representation from a lot of the local jig makers. I kept what I would spend/raffle/donate at 30$ , otherwise I would've certainly spent far too much money.

Comment

Working...
                        X