No announcement yet.

2018 M&G meeting results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you,will work up launch details and lunch!
    Snow Camo Lure 11.5
    Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
    Hummingbird Helix 5
    Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

It looks like May is open- that should be pretty good rockfishing here on the Eastern Shore. We have free launch sites on Deal island or my house. I am happy to smoke a bunch of meat for lunch... happy to host, though prob need some coaching on what is required.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan the Man View Post
        It looks like May is open- that should be pretty good rockfishing here on the Eastern Shore. We have free launch sites on Deal island or my house. I am happy to smoke a bunch of meat for lunch... happy to host, though prob need some coaching on what is required.
        The m&g is simple tell us date, time, and where we are launching and possible fish species. Normally if you host you find a nearby restaurant that will accept us after Fishing. After you get an approx head count just make the reservation if needed. If you choose to cook that is up to you but not necessary. The lunch afterwards is a good place to talk about the Fishing and meeting new people.

Let me know time and date and will post. If you need further information send me a pm and I will contact you.

Thanks,
        Harry

Comment

I think our severe cold winter will have adverse consequences in our “normal” fishing..we put late June as a great time for Southern Maryland based fishing due to “normally” having Redfish, Speckled Trout, White Perch and Stripers all available as targeted species...this year we will have to just wait and see how much the cold has affected the Specks and Reds, but it can’t be good...and there was a reported large striper kill in Virginia Beach waters...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
            I think our severe cold winter will have adverse consequences in our “normal” fishing..we put late June as a great time for Southern Maryland based fishing due to “normally” having Redfish, Speckled Trout, White Perch and Stripers all available as targeted species...this year we will have to just wait and see how much the cold has affected the Specks and Reds, but it can’t be good...and there was a reported large striper kill in Virginia Beach waters...
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weMIem87f2Q
            Here is the video.
            Harry

Comment

It was great meeting some of you in person - I feel like I know many of you from your posts here.

Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
                On the schedule, you can add any info or date change.

Thanks,
                Harry
                As of right now, that date looks good. I will create a thread and possibly request a date change as we get closer to it. I will also call the marina to see if we can get a group rate, like Steve suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                  It was great meeting some of you in person - I feel like I know many of you from your posts here.

Lisa
                  Lisa,

Same here.

Thanks again for your advocacy with AA county regarding launch sites.
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                  Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                    Let's put my Bushwood blue catfish event on the schedule. I'd like to still promote it as a take a kid fishing event, but not limit it to such. I know the fishing will be great, but I need to do it third weekend of April...April 21. I'll pre-fish it and promote it.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
                    where is Bushwood?

Comment

St. Mary’s County- Bushwood Wharf

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                        St. Mary’s County- Bushwood Wharf
                        I’m in for Bushwood. What rigging and tackle would you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Greg

Hobie i14T (RIP, Screw you mouse!)
                        2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Bushwood is blue cat heaven in April...cut bait on Fishfinder rigs work well...most are eaters...very few monsters like Mattawoman and Marshall Hall...

Comment

I may be able to host something near Beverly-Triton Beach in August or September. When is the CBKA Tournament?
                            Gregory
                            ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                            2014 Pro Angler 12
                            '

Comment

The tournament is in the 2nd weekend in October.
                              MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
                              2016 Hobie Outback LE
                              Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Working...
                              X