2018 M&G meeting results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 M&G meeting results

Only about 12 people showed up yesterday for the M&G with only three months scheduled. We discussed the lack of support and/or interest in hosting events and some of the reasons people have not decided to host events and we fully understand. Hence, we decided to go ahead and post what we have and open it up for anyone else to host another event on an open month. Orginally when this started we would schedule an event on the second saturday of each month. However, with the limited interested any day will do if you wish to host an event.
    Here is what we have for 2018 M&G's including TWO in June.

MONTH LOCATION HOST

Jan Bass Pro planning meeting On the fly

Feb 10 Susquehanna river Blackjack for perch

March NONE

April 21 Bushwood for Blue cats kevinfry

May NONE

June 9 Upper Potomac Monocacykayak Lg & Sm mouth bass
    June 23 St. Inigoes Launch, St. Mary's County Big Mike, Yak 67, Kevin Fry, & Ron Ault

July 14 Lowes Wharf, Eastern Bay Coop1486

August NONE

September NONE

October NONE

Nov 10 Smiths's Marina Crownsville, MD yakscientist

December Eastern Shore Ponds Mark & J. Rentch
    Last edited by On the fly; 01-14-2018, 06:01 PM.

could I throw in a request to possibly host a M&G in November 2018, at Smith's Marina, in Crownsville, MD? We would be targeting stripers, perch, and possibly pickerel in Little Round Bay, in the Severn River. I always have good luck with that launch from October-November, though honestly I haven't contacted the marina owners to see if having a group of 10-15 of us meet and fish there would be feasible. There are 2 boat ramps, and it is a $10 fee for kayaks to launch there, so I don't know if that violates M&G rules. The launch puts you onto a fairly large area, but with lots of easily accessible options for fishing, and typically I catch striper up to 26" in various spots all around little round bay, sometimes only a couple hundred yards from the launch. I've also caught pickerel there a while back, completely by surprise, while casting my normal paddletail bait to shoreline grass beds.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's put my Bushwood blue catfish event on the schedule. I'd like to still promote it as a take a kid fishing event, but not limit it to such. I know the fishing will be great, but I need to do it third weekend of April...April 21. I'll pre-fish it and promote it.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Harry- thank you for doing this...it is a labor of love and much appreciated...we did discuss many topics but one that I think could get us as a really tighter group was the idea of having luncheons without scheduled fishing as a social get together in cold nasty winter weather to get to know each other better and to talk about our sport
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
          could I throw in a request to possibly host a M&G in November 2018, at Smith's Marina, in Crownsville, MD? We would be targeting stripers, perch, and possibly pickerel in Little Round Bay, in the Severn River. I always have good luck with that launch from October-November, though honestly I haven't contacted the marina owners to see if having a group of 10-15 of us meet and fish there would be feasible. There are 2 boat ramps, and it is a $10 fee for kayaks to launch there, so I don't know if that violates M&G rules. The launch puts you onto a fairly large area, but with lots of easily accessible options for fishing, and typically I catch striper up to 26" in various spots all around little round bay, sometimes only a couple hundred yards from the launch. I've also caught pickerel there a while back, completely by surprise, while casting my normal paddletail bait to shoreline grass beds.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          On the schedule, you can add any info or date change.

Thanks,
          Harry

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
            Let's put my Bushwood blue catfish event on the schedule. I'd like to still promote it as a take a kid fishing event, but not limit it to such. I know the fishing will be great, but I need to do it third weekend of April...April 21. I'll pre-fish it and promote it.

Your on the schedule. You can add details as you need to.

Thanks,
            Harry

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
              Harry- thank you for doing this...it is a labor of love and much appreciated...we did discuss many topics but one that I think could get us as a really tighter group was the idea of having luncheons without scheduled fishing as a social get together in cold nasty winter weather to get to know each other better and to talk about our sport
              You are right. We can schedule even next month. Maybe a place between southern and northern Maryland.
              Harry

Comment

Isn't the flea market next month? That might be a good venue for a meal and hanging out

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                  Isn't the flea market next month? That might be a good venue for a meal and hanging out

The HOW fishing flea market is next weekend - Jan 20.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I love this idea–all I need is a time and place. Thank you Harry for doing all this!
                    Harlan

Revo 13
                    Trident 13
                    Cuda 14
                    Necky Tandem

Comment

Ahhhhh...good

Comment

Yakscientist, do you think that they may give you a group rate at the Marina on the ramp fee??

I'm in for all. I cannot host a M&G, however I can offer this invite. On March 31st the "opening day" of trout season is in. I fish at the Westminster Farm Pond in Carroll County, and all are welcome. I have 20 trout rods and plenty of bait. So if you have children of any age and want them to have a good time, then come on out. All you need is you, I have the gear. Fishing starts at 530 but I hangout till around 1200, but can stay later. Most of my friends/neighbor's bring their kids. Under the age of 16 is free, no license or stamp needed, and the limit is 5ea. So bring your coolers. All are welcome drop me a PM if interested.
                        2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Sorry I missed the meeting today,(son has bronchitis)would be glad to organize a February meet and greet,Openly I am a member of a tournament club in the area,Susquehanna River Fishing Club,but initial plans are Susquehanna yellow perch and blue cat,launching at Jean Roberts and lunch tidewater grill...if this works for the group I will move forward!
                          Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                          Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
                          Hummingbird Helix 5
                          Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack View Post
                            Sorry I missed the meeting today,(son has bronchitis)would be glad to organize a February meet and greet,Openly I am a member of a tournament club in the area,Susquehanna River Fishing Club,but initial plans are Susquehanna yellow perch and blue cat,launching at Jean Roberts and lunch tidewater grill...if this works for the group I will move forward!
                            I will put you down on the m&g 2018 for feb 10 but can change the date if you need to.
                            Harry

Comment

For those hosting an event you can post thread with month and day m&g under the main forum with all pertinent information and request responses from attendees there.

Harry

Comment

Working...
                              X