MSSA Frederick Fairgrounds 13 JAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSSA Frederick Fairgrounds 13 JAN

The MSSA is having a fishing expo at the Frederick Fair Grounds this Saturday the 13th. Has anyone ever been to this one?? Is it worth going to?? Supposed to be a lot of vendors.
    2017 Hobie PA14

I've been several times over the years. It covers all ways to catch fish although it's a little heavy on big boat trolling. It's a well set up show with lots of speakers and tons of stuff for sale.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Great stuff great deals ....... 1st one of the season

Comment

I've gone a few time and it's a good turn out. I usually go for the seminars. As mentioned, there will be a lot of big trolling stuff. It's not the biggest show, but a good way to help with cabin fever.
        Tommy
        2020 PA12 360 - 2019 and 2016 Hobie Outback
        Check Out My Fishing YouTube Channel - TomyTek Outdoors
        https://www.youtube.com/c/tomytekoutdoors

Comment

I will stop there this Saturday since I promised my Brother in Law to go with him. I have been there before and it is definitely a way to get rid of the cabin fever. Walleye Pete is also giving a seminar there at 2 pm I believe.
          MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
          2016 Hobie Outback LE
          Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
          https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

I've been helping my buddy George sell his Specialized Bait Lures (L'li Jimy, Li'l Bunkers, Shaggy Shads) at the shows for the last couple of years. I think the Frederick show is like the old Timinioum Fairgrounds show I used to attend back in the day. Bigger facility, simple layout, tons of vendors, quality speakers at the seminars, good food. Always one of the best shows, maybe because it comes first. Worth attending, stop by to talk LTJ, Yaking, and say hi. We will be offering a discounted price structure and will sell what George is able to make for the show. No doubt stock will be depleted by the afternoon. Thanks, Dave

Comment

Always a good show. Lots of seminars, lots of vendors and fresh shucked oysters. Also a good chance to meet the captains from Indian Head Charters to learn about Potomac cats and Mattawoman's bass and "potomac pike"

The only negative is MSSA's nerve in holding this on the same day as the year's first meet n greet every year.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptCHawk View Post
                Always a good show. Lots of seminars, lots of vendors and fresh shucked oysters. Also a good chance to meet the captains from Indian Head Charters to learn about Potomac cats and Mattawoman's bass and "potomac pike"

The only negative is MSSA's nerve in holding this on the same day as the year's first meet n greet every year.
                I'll be there at booth with Rich Jenkins, Coach Jigheads. He'll have all his jigheads and I'll be supplying additional LTJ gear, plastics, procure, spike it, etc. all at show pricing. I'll also have a bunch of TopWater Lures!

Hope to see a bunch of you there!!
                Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
                CCA Annapolis Chapter President

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

I'll be there with Steve Fogle. I'll have both of my books for sale. The Frederick show is the biggest of the year.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Kokatat Pro Staff
                  Torqeedo Pro Staff
                  Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                  Alan

Comment

I'll be there, but leaving before noon to make it to the BassPro Jan M&G
                    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

So I just left the MSSA. Lot of vendors there selling their goods. Also got to meet Alan and picked up one of his famous Chesapeake Bay Rigs. Also picked up some G Eye Jigs. I would say worth the trip.
                      2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Working...
                      X