Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSSA Frederick Fairgrounds 13 JAN

Default MSSA Frederick Fairgrounds 13 JAN

The MSSA is having a fishing expo at the Frederick Fair Grounds this Saturday the 13th. Has anyone ever been to this one?? Is it worth going to?? Supposed to be a lot of vendors.
    2017 Hobie Camo Outback
    2016 Vibe Sea Ghost

I've been several times over the years. It covers all ways to catch fish although it's a little heavy on big boat trolling. It's a well set up show with lots of speakers and tons of stuff for sale.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Great stuff great deals ....... 1st one of the season

I've gone a few time and it's a good turn out. I usually go for the seminars. As mentioned, there will be a lot of big trolling stuff. It's not the biggest show, but a good way to help with cabin fever.
    2016 Hobie Outback
    Check Out My Fishing YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4C...2vYTXcKm-3aGOg

I will stop there this Saturday since I promised my Brother in Law to go with him. I have been there before and it is definitely a way to get rid of the cabin fever. Walleye Pete is also giving a seminar there at 2 pm I believe.
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011

I've been helping my buddy George sell his Specialized Bait Lures (L'li Jimy, Li'l Bunkers, Shaggy Shads) at the shows for the last couple of years. I think the Frederick show is like the old Timinioum Fairgrounds show I used to attend back in the day. Bigger facility, simple layout, tons of vendors, quality speakers at the seminars, good food. Always one of the best shows, maybe because it comes first. Worth attending, stop by to talk LTJ, Yaking, and say hi. We will be offering a discounted price structure and will sell what George is able to make for the show. No doubt stock will be depleted by the afternoon. Thanks, Dave

Always a good show. Lots of seminars, lots of vendors and fresh shucked oysters. Also a good chance to meet the captains from Indian Head Charters to learn about Potomac cats and Mattawoman's bass and "potomac pike"

The only negative is MSSA's nerve in holding this on the same day as the year's first meet n greet every year.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCHawk View Post
    Always a good show. Lots of seminars, lots of vendors and fresh shucked oysters. Also a good chance to meet the captains from Indian Head Charters to learn about Potomac cats and Mattawoman's bass and "potomac pike"

The only negative is MSSA's nerve in holding this on the same day as the year's first meet n greet every year.
    I'll be there at booth with Rich Jenkins, Coach Jigheads. He'll have all his jigheads and I'll be supplying additional LTJ gear, plastics, procure, spike it, etc. all at show pricing. I'll also have a bunch of TopWater Lures!

Hope to see a bunch of you there!!
    Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
    JigtheBay.com Owner

Hobie Outback 2015
    Hobie Revolution 11' 2016
    Sea Hunt Triton 202

I'll be there with Steve Fogle. I'll have both of my books for sale. The Frederick show is the biggest of the year.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback
    Alan

I'll be there, but leaving before noon to make it to the BassPro Jan M&G
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Backup Babe (Girlfriends Ride): Carribean Blue Hobie Outback Lowrance Elite 5 HDI w/ Pumpkin Spice Latte holder

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream