Getting ready for the HOW flea market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready for the HOW flea market

With the ongoing cold weather and ice cover on local waters, my fishing has come to halt (at least until my next Florida trip in 3 weeks). In the mean time, I am getting my fishing fix through other related activities. I plan to attend several of the local fishing club meetings (FSFF, CCA, MSSA) and hear presentations (and give one myself). I am also preparing for the Jan 20 HOW fishing flea market at which I have two tables this year.

Each year I start several weeks before the flea market. I go to the garage and look at every rod, reel, tackle tray, and other accessories. If I find something I have not used in the past year or two and have no intention of using next year, it goes into a plastic tub. I also look elsewhere in the house for any other items related to fishing, boating, or outdoor activities. These get added to the tub. I carry the tub to a desk in the basement and begin sorting and pricing each item. Tonight was my first night to work on the sorting and pricing.

Although I am not fishing, I am getting visceral pleasure just from handling my fishing gear. Even the unused gear that is meant for sale still brings back memories of when I bought it, and if previously used, when and where I tried fishing with it. Of course, I would rather be fishing and catching large fish. But when that is not possible, I can still get my "fishing fix" in other ways. See you at the flea market.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Where is the flea market this year?

Also, I advertised a rod/reel combo on Snaggedline and haven't received any interest. Would you like to include it for sale at your table? I would be willing to split the sale 50-50 with you

Comment

Originally posted by BarefootPetr View Post
      Where is the flea market this year?

Also, I advertised a rod/reel combo on Snaggedline and haven't received any interest. Would you like to include it for sale at your table? I would be willing to split the sale 50-50 with you
      The flea market is at the Odenton Volunteer Fire Dept, 1425 Annapolis Rd, Odenton, MD on Sat, Jan 20. I am agreeable to selling your rod and reel at my table. Contact me by pmail to work out details.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
        With the ongoing cold weather and ice cover on local waters, my fishing has come to halt (at least until my next Florida trip in 3 weeks). In the mean time, I am getting my fishing fix through other related activities. I plan to attend several of the local fishing club meetings (FSFF, CCA, MSSA) and hear presentations (and give one myself). I am also preparing for the Jan 20 HOW fishing flea market at which I have two tables this year.

Each year I start several weeks before the flea market. I go to the garage and look at every rod, reel, tackle tray, and other accessories. If I find something I have not used in the past year or two and have no intention of using next year, it goes into a plastic tub. I also look elsewhere in the house for any other items related to fishing, boating, or outdoor activities. These get added to the tub. I carry the tub to a desk in the basement and begin sorting and pricing each item. Tonight was my first night to work on the sorting and pricing.

Although I am not fishing, I am getting visceral pleasure just from handling my fishing gear. Even the unused gear that is meant for sale still brings back memories of when I bought it, and if previously used, when and where I tried fishing with it. Of course, I would rather be fishing and catching large fish. But when that is not possible, I can still get my "fishing fix" in other ways. See you at the flea market.
        Took the words out of my mouth!
        -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
        Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
        Fishbites - Saltwater version

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post

I'll see you at the MSSA Annapolis meeting on the 17th John. I'll be there as the "Dealer" for the meeting. Spreading the word about Jigthebay.com and showing off some of the products.

I'll also be set up at the HOW event.
          Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
          CCA Annapolis Chapter President

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

Working...
          X