• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going out today ...

.......... just put up a sail and start a new sport ......... Iceyaking

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
    .......... just put up a sail and start a new sport ......... Iceyaking
    I'm actually stunned that there's still open water on my community lake. I think the geese have been swimming some fast laps at night to keep it open.

Too cold to go outside for picture but you can see the dark open water. Time to chunk a minnow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I was just going to start a new post...

"you guys who fish year round, its cold as f@(% today, godspeed and don't fall-in!"
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

There is a lot of ice in the coastal bays and most of the coastal creeks are iced solid. Inlet temps have plummeted too; doubt tog will bite.

I sure hope all the specks in the Chessy have found deep, warm holes to hang out in. It sure would be a shame to see the the trout fishery take a dive again for the next couple years.
        Brian

Comment

I think the ice is here until Spring strikes...December was cold...no question about it...January has been brutal...every night this week my outside digital thermometer has been in single digits...that is cold...32 degrees seems warm in comparison...I share your concerns about the speckled trout and Redfish...the last big fish kill had a similar winter..my memory seems to remember that it got down to 9 degrees below zero that winter...seems like maybe 5 years ago, but can’t be sure...surface ice in the bay will quickly melt if we get some moderation in the daytime tempetures and I figure we can get to the bluecatfish whenever the weather permits...but I am staying inside a warm house until I see that happening...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
            There is a lot of ice in the coastal bays and most of the coastal creeks are iced solid. Inlet temps have plummeted too; doubt tog will bite.

I sure hope all the specks in the Chessy have found deep, warm holes to hang out in. It sure would be a shame to see the the trout fishery take a dive again for the next couple years.
            They had an emergency closure of the speck fishery in NC due to the cold stun. I have the same concerns as you, it's a shame to see a fishery that was starting to rebound, really crash again.

Comment

It will be a shame If the specs don't make it. I did fish the Patapsco on Wednesday. Wt was 35 degrees. I went over to the power plant and found much warmer water but no fish.

Comment

Bad news regarding specks: https://pilotonline.com/news/local/w...125b431ce.html
                Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Originally posted by rugbyfish View Post
                  i was afraid of that
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Hopefully the fishery was healthy enough to weather (pardon the pun) this setback. Losing 50 or 75% of a healthy population is a heckuva lot better than losing 50 to 75% of a population that was barely holding on to begin with.
                    "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
                    Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Looks like this thread has been hijacked

Comment

How's that...looks like they are all cold weather related

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
                        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

It’s gone to trout survival from frozen places

Comment

7449E3CF-E0B5-4789-B3A3-1ACC0E5A890B.jpg
                            Tangier Sound is locked down.

Comment

Wow ......... I’ve never seen the sound frozen before

Comment

Working...
                              X