Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sub forum for Making Fishing Videos to share techniques and tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, here is the first video I made using WonderShare Filmora ($59.99/1 PC lifetime support).

Fishing Log for Striper Fishing on a Frigid Day (2 - 20 F air temp) on Jan 7th, 2018:

Somehow, I lost a file with comparison between Filmora and Power Director 16 Ultra. I think I reformat the memory card with the file accidentally before the Lake Anna trip.

The bottom line is, Filmora and Power Director 16 Ultra are very similar. The Features and learning curve were about the same. I spent about 12 hours for the first 6 minute video above. But I had spent 3-4 hours for playing with the trial version before the first video.
    I could go either one of them. But I picked Filmora over Power Director for two reasons:
    • There is no limit of number of video tracks on Filmora while 3 is the limit on Power Director.
    • The split screen is not available on Power Director.

The video above was prepared to demonstrate what Filmora supports:

At 00:07 - The split screen is one of the many split screen formats. You can’t change the size and location of the split screen. But you can center and zoom in the area you want to focus.
    Embeded videos on the video
    • Filmora allows unlimited overlays. Power Director allows 2.
    • Filmora allows rectangle or square shape overlays only while Power Director allows any shapes of 4 sided or triangles.

I found that you need for the inexpensive video editors. Please install the trial versions and test:
    • Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080 or higher
    • Separate 4 GB Video card instead of the integrated
    • Intel core i7 - I didn't have i5 to test
    • SSD didn't make much difference.

Thanks
    Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 01-12-2018, 07:27 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Nice video Joe. Thanks for the tips. I'm planning to go out pretty soon, so they will come in handy. I like what you can do with the new software. The underwater shots and video overlays are nice.
      Tommy
      2020 PA12 360 - 2019 and 2016 Hobie Outback
      Check Out My Fishing YouTube Channel - TomyTek Outdoors
      https://www.youtube.com/c/tomytekoutdoors

Comment

Nice video and some great tips. Thanks
        2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Thanks for the video Tips Joe! I have been looking for a replacement to my MS Live Video Software. It works well for the quickie videos, but lacks the advance features such as overlays which I really want. Also, it is end of life software that Microsoft no longer supports and you cannot download it from their sites anymore. You will have to find it from a another site like a University. It will work with Windows versions up to Windows 10. I will definitely look at Filmora. I do not want any software that uses the subscription model.
          MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
          2016 Hobie Outback LE
          Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
          https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

How do we get this sub-forum request to the admins?

Jet?
            Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

An update for learning WonderShare Filmora:

I think after the third video, I mastered about 95% of the features on the software. The 5 % will be all about how to prepare the video footage before using the features on the Filmnora.
              For example, to use split screens at 03:03 and 03:08 on the sample video below, I had to pre-edit 8 raw footage - meaning creating new videos. I had to create new footage - trimming off the shaky video images of the beginning of the 8 footage.
              Length of the new edited video don't matter because I could limit the duration of play:

Sample video (This will be posted on VA forum):

Thanks
              Joe
              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Enjoyed the new angles and multi screens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I better start working on the top 10 must know, life changing fishing hacks they don't want you to know about...

Comment

Joe - I shared your Tarpon video with the FlyShop guide at our recent trip down to New Orleans this past weekend, he was AMAZED Tarpon travel that far north!

Keep the videos coming!!!
                    Last edited by mchottie; 01-23-2018, 01:57 PM.
                    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

i would love the idea. I share videos on this forum a decent amount. a easy section to put them in and have you guys watch would be awesome
                      Zach Moore
                      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                      Bait Towel Pro Staff
                      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                        I am almost done reviewing the following video editors (90%). I am reviewing them for Fishing and home event videos. All these come with features more than average hobbyists need:

Current Status:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC - I ditched it after 2.5 hours. I was able to do title/sub title and add an embeded video on the video on the base video track. I found that this software is not for hobbyists. it is very difficult to use. The software is beyond my capacity. Also you need to pay subscription fee after the initial purchase.

Software under $60 dollars I am reviewing:

Corel Video Studio - I am ditching Corel Video Studio because it has some issues. It crashes often. Video quality during the edit is horrible (not acceptible anymore). It won't play video seamlessly during the edit (Totally not aceptible). I think it may not use CPU or other resources effectively than other video editors. Or I need a beefed up my computer for this software. Now I understand the complaints about Corel Video Studio.

Filmora - I like this one a lot. The learning time for 90% of the features was about 4 hours. It comes with split screen features. But I will be using embeded videos. For example, I can put multiple video footage for multiple groups to split screen or bunch of the embeded videos (such as tog fishing scene, speck fishing scene, cobia fishing scene, striper fishing scene on one screen) This comes with unlimited video tracks (compare to 3 on other software). So I can have unlimited number of embeded videos. There are good transition features when overlay the base video with an embeded video. With this editor, I can make an almost-professionally-made wadding video from wadding to honeymoon.

Power Director 16 Ultra - Similar to Filmora. Some features are better than that of Filmora while some aren't. 3 video tracks are OK. But some day I may want more for other family events. The learning curve is about the same as that of Filmora

Now I am comparing Filmora and Power Director only. Soon I will post the final review results

Joe
                        I personally found for Windows - Davinci Resolve. The free version to be the very best video editor available without paying for premier pro.
                        Adobe Premier Elements would probably be my 2nd favorite. .

I tried all the others you shared and really disliked them all.

In the end I tried a friends Mac and used Final cut. And sold my Windows Gaming PC and got an iMac and havent looked back. I LOVE final cut
                        Zach Moore
                        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                        Bait Towel Pro Staff
                        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Well Joe,

I have been studying Filmora for at least two weeks now and it is similar to some degree to the old Microsoft Movie Maker that I used previously, with more advance and control features that I would like to use on a fishing video. It is nice that there are a lot of good tutorial online to show you who to do things that you may not have initially figured out on your own. Much easier and better that Premiere and not as clunky to use as some of the free ones that I have tried on the Internet that are not web based. I did learn while using the PIP and Split Screen options that you should splice out a 5 to 8 seconds video from your raw footage that you want to play in the split screen. If you use your whole video footage, you will never know which part of the video that Filmora would use. There might be ways of controlling that, but I have not found it yet, but using the small spliced videos of your action scenes is a nice way of controlling some of the action shots. Makes rendering faster too.

Here is a 3.8 minute video that I did using Filmora....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeaLQM0XpPU
                          MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
                          2016 Hobie Outback LE
                          Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Working...
                          X