Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sub forum for Making Fishing Videos to share techniques and tips?

An update for learning WonderShare Filmora:

I think after the third video, I mastered about 95% of the features on the software. The 5 % will be all about how to prepare the video footage before using the features on the Filmnora.
    For example, to use split screens at 03:03 and 03:08 on the sample video below, I had to pre-edit 8 raw footage - meaning creating new videos. I had to create new footage - trimming off the shaky video images of the beginning of the 8 footage.
    Length of the new edited video don't matter because I could limit the duration of play:

Sample video (This will be posted on VA forum):

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Enjoyed the new angles and multi screens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I better start working on the top 10 must know, life changing fishing hacks they don't want you to know about...

Joe - I shared your Tarpon video with the FlyShop guide at our recent trip down to New Orleans this past weekend, he was AMAZED Tarpon travel that far north!

Keep the videos coming!!!
    Last edited by mchottie; 01-23-2018 at 02:57 PM.
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Backup Babe (Girlfriends Ride): Carribean Blue Hobie Outback Lowrance Elite 5 HDI w/ Pumpkin Spice Latte holder

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream

i would love the idea. I share videos on this forum a decent amount. a easy section to put them in and have you guys watch would be awesome
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnFish View Post
    I am almost done reviewing the following video editors (90%). I am reviewing them for Fishing and home event videos. All these come with features more than average hobbyists need:

Current Status:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC - I ditched it after 2.5 hours. I was able to do title/sub title and add an embeded video on the video on the base video track. I found that this software is not for hobbyists. it is very difficult to use. The software is beyond my capacity. Also you need to pay subscription fee after the initial purchase.

Software under $60 dollars I am reviewing:

Corel Video Studio - I am ditching Corel Video Studio because it has some issues. It crashes often. Video quality during the edit is horrible (not acceptible anymore). It won't play video seamlessly during the edit (Totally not aceptible). I think it may not use CPU or other resources effectively than other video editors. Or I need a beefed up my computer for this software. Now I understand the complaints about Corel Video Studio.

Filmora - I like this one a lot. The learning time for 90% of the features was about 4 hours. It comes with split screen features. But I will be using embeded videos. For example, I can put multiple video footage for multiple groups to split screen or bunch of the embeded videos (such as tog fishing scene, speck fishing scene, cobia fishing scene, striper fishing scene on one screen) This comes with unlimited video tracks (compare to 3 on other software). So I can have unlimited number of embeded videos. There are good transition features when overlay the base video with an embeded video. With this editor, I can make an almost-professionally-made wadding video from wadding to honeymoon.

Power Director 16 Ultra - Similar to Filmora. Some features are better than that of Filmora while some aren't. 3 video tracks are OK. But some day I may want more for other family events. The learning curve is about the same as that of Filmora

Now I am comparing Filmora and Power Director only. Soon I will post the final review results

Joe
    I personally found for Windows - Davinci Resolve. The free version to be the very best video editor available without paying for premier pro.
    Adobe Premier Elements would probably be my 2nd favorite. .

I tried all the others you shared and really disliked them all.

In the end I tried a friends Mac and used Final cut. And sold my Windows Gaming PC and got an iMac and havent looked back. I LOVE final cut
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Well Joe,

I have been studying Filmora for at least two weeks now and it is similar to some degree to the old Microsoft Movie Maker that I used previously, with more advance and control features that I would like to use on a fishing video. It is nice that there are a lot of good tutorial online to show you who to do things that you may not have initially figured out on your own. Much easier and better that Premiere and not as clunky to use as some of the free ones that I have tried on the Internet that are not web based. I did learn while using the PIP and Split Screen options that you should splice out a 5 to 8 seconds video from your raw footage that you want to play in the split screen. If you use your whole video footage, you will never know which part of the video that Filmora would use. There might be ways of controlling that, but I have not found it yet, but using the small spliced videos of your action scenes is a nice way of controlling some of the action shots. Makes rendering faster too.

Here is a 3.8 minute video that I did using Filmora....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeaLQM0XpPU
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011
    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner