Charlotte Harbor, FL video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte Harbor, FL video

The video is of a few fish that I caught during a trip to Charlotte Harbor last October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKr0YY-zOBY

Looks like you had fun - congrats!
    -manny

Hobie Outback
    Wilderness Systems 130T
    Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Thanks. It was great fun. Every time I go, I learn a little more. This trip, I got carried away with the canal system in that area.

Comment

nice...loved the variety of fish
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I was really thrown off because kept looking for the Mirage Drive pedals in the video but couldn't see them. Then I saw you reach for a Torqueedo? lever. Very nice, very smooth.

That's fishing in style...almost cheating (I mean that in a friendly banter kinda way - please don't take offense :-)
          -manny

Hobie Outback
          Wilderness Systems 130T
          Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Thanks. There were a variety of fish. Of course I left off all of the catfish. If I let the bait settle and sit too long, it would be a sail or hard head catfish, at least back in the canals. I kind of got carried away this trip with the canals. However, they looked quite fishy and were. Next trip I am going to mix it up a little more, but that seems to always be the goal. I came upon tarpon on several occasions, but they seemed to be feeding on glass minnows, and they just did not want what I was offering.

The torqeedo does extend the range by a lot. It also makes it easier on an old guy like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
              Thanks. . ..The torqeedo does extend the range by a lot. It also makes it easier on an old guy like myself.
              It's vacation, man. No need to apologize.....
              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

You have to love FL for the sheer variety of fish it offers to kayakers.

You did quite well with the popping cork. Using one was a new experience for me in November on a trip to TX. It still surprises me that the technique works. My thought was that the commotion of the cork would scare fish away. Wrong! I was so impressed I even brought a Cajun Thunder cork home as a souvenir.

Anyway, your scenes of FL mangroves were very welcome on this cold January night.

I will be viewing them in person in a little over two weeks and I cannot wait given this stretch of miserable weather we are having.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

It is always nice to be in Florida. As you said, right now would be the perfect time to escape the cold.

Comment

Working...
                  X