Need some OBX charter recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some OBX charter recommendations

So a few friends and I are going down Feb 23-26 to Avon NC (about 25 mins north of Hatteras), and I was hoping you guys could provide any info on charter boats or kayak charters that you've had experience with. I don't know if many boats go out in the winter, but would like some names/numbers if you guys have fished with them, or even better, know them well. I looked up a few on fishbooker, but the last time I went through them, down in FL, the captain had great reviews but the trip was pretty crappy, mostly due to things completely within his control (long story). Any of you are welcome to fish with us if you're down in the area too, we could get a group together for an offshore or inshore trip, or just fish the beaches. I doubt I will be bringing my kayak, but if my friend goes, he has 2 extras, so I might bring mine as well and just take a couple vehicles. Oh and we will also be down with family in June, which should be a prime month for fishing, so I may be using your recommendations on multiple occasions. Thank you everyone!

I have gone on the Miss Haterass head boat out of odens dock typical head boat experiance. If your going offshore the albatross fleet was an interesting trip great captains with some truly classic fishing vessel. Most of my offshore trips have been out of Oregon inlet but usually in May ill be fishing on the Point Runner this year for the first time I have also fish on the Fishing Frenzy, High Return and Outrigger all great captains and boats. Never fished there in February But that is Blue Fin Tuna season
    D Hawk
    Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
    Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Originally posted by dhawk View Post
      I have gone on the Miss Haterass head boat out of odens dock typical head boat experiance. If your going offshore the albatross fleet was an interesting trip great captains with some truly classic fishing vessel. Most of my offshore trips have been out of Oregon inlet but usually in May ill be fishing on the Point Runner this year for the first time I have also fish on the Fishing Frenzy, High Return and Outrigger all great captains and boats. Never fished there in February But that is Blue Fin Tuna season
      Thanks for the recs! Do you have a preference for any of those boats you listed, and are they all about the same price? I assume what you caught was probably similar too, I assume mahi, maybe blackfin tuna and a stray wahoo?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Spoke to the capt and mate on the point runner last year when i was just down kayaking and decided to try them out this spring I would recomend any of the other boats they are all priced about the same
        D Hawk
        Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
        Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Keep in mind that the weather conditions can differ substantially between Hatteras and points north. I had a trip cancelled out of Hatteras this summer due to some brutal wind and wave heights, but heard later that there were no cancellations out of OI for that same day.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

Working...
          X