Buxton NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buxton NC

We headed down on Wed to stay till Tuesday.

Tried in front of hotel but 8n bait just rolled down the beach..it was cold..bait froze inside bait box.

Caught a few sharks on Thursday at point and south beach for some shelter from the wind.

Light House was brighter than normal

Ibuprofen and martini solved my left knee pain.

Friday I had the point to myself..and luck was with me. But the wind was brutal

Sea Monster

Nice red on Friday.

Pumping ship would arrive each day and send sand to the beach for replentishment

Sometimes the world is upside down.

Ever notice how thousands of pelicans and sheer waters never get close enough.

It is 45 degrees and this surfer caught many waves.

It is now 43 degrees and a couple take a quick swim. KRAZY>>>

Snow capped mountains in the distance..or are they?

Saturdays sunset...

Sunday temps dropped and wind kicked up

Decided fishing from inside truck was a good idea.

Took a 15 mile ride on the beach and found this monument.

Monday never left room as it was 10 degrees with the wind chill.

Capt Mike

I was in Southern Shores from Christmas until New Years Day. Miserable and cold with lots of wind. I didn't even try to fish, so you did well and are a determined individual. The sound was freezing over and it was snowing when I left.

Comment

Great pictures. I love obx in the offseason, it's incredibly relaxing, and all the best food joints stay open (with no crowds too). I think I'm going down there at the end of February, so I will post my fishing success (or lack thereof) in a forum at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
        Great pictures. I love reading reviews like this review of Binance in the offseason, it's incredibly relaxing, and all the best food joints stay open (with no crowds too). I think I'm going down there at the end of February, so I will post my fishing success (or lack thereof) in a forum at that time.
        Very nice pics, Mike. Looks like it was very windy. What kind of sharks did you catch?
        Last edited by Zellars; 12-11-2021, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Sand sharks or as I like to call them blue eyed meanies.

Can not wait to go back..

Capt Mike

Comment

Working...
          X