No announcement yet.

Kayak Buddies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't fished the Severn in a few years...
    I have sought out adventures in places less traveled...
    Now that Homeport is going to have a Starbucks, Frozen Yogurt stand...
    one of my favorite off season stomps will be fished out.. oh well... that's life.

On a quick trip before Thanksgiving I hit the Severn to test out my new cold water gear...
    Coolo to bring home a nice bird for the table... about 27inches..

Comment

Hey Mark, thanks for the reply and I'll definitely contact you when I get back in mid-May. Regarding your question about fishing conditions in Florida and the cold weather, I live on the gulf coast \in Port Charlotte (about an hour north of Ft Myers) and thankfully the recent cold fronts have not harmed the snook or other types of fish where I live. However, I have heard that snook have died in the area around Tampa due to cold weather conditions, And, the cold fronts that have come thru recently in my area definitely backed off the bite. However, today it was sunny and in the 80"s so fishing should be picking up.

Comment

Originally posted by tarponguy View Post
        Hey Mark, thanks for the reply and I'll definitely contact you when I get back in mid-May. Regarding your question about fishing conditions in Florida and the cold weather, I live on the gulf coast \in Port Charlotte (about an hour north of Ft Myers) and thankfully the recent cold fronts have not harmed the snook or other types of fish where I live. However, I have heard that snook have died in the area around Tampa due to cold weather conditions, And, the cold fronts that have come thru recently in my area definitely backed off the bite. However, today it was sunny and in the 80"s so fishing should be picking up.
        I had heard about the snook die-off near Tampa. That's unfortunate. I'm on the Space Coast for the next three days. I guess I'll find out soon enough if the freeze impacted this side of FL.

I look forward to hearing from you when you arrive in MD.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Good luck - hope the fishing is good for you while in Florida! Tight lines !!

Comment

Working...
          X