Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I know the pickerel mg a few years back was super fun

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

i'm jealous of the OGWLTF and their ability to fish while us YGWLTF are sitting at our desks M-f 9-5 enjoying reading the fishing reports.
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
            i'm jealous of the OGWLTF and their ability to fish while us YGWLTF are sitting at our desks M-f 9-5 enjoying reading the fishing reports.
            Michael,

Retirement comes sooner than you think. Someday you'll look back and wonder where the time went.

In the meantime, if you get any vacation time and want to spend a day or two of it with us, we'll welcome you.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Hey Mark, just read your thread and wanted to let you know that I live in Chester on the eastern shore and would like to get involved with any OGWLF guys who fish the eastern shore. I'm retired and spend winters in Florida but recently moved to Chester to be close to my son and his family. I'm in Florida for the winter but I'll be returning to the eastern shore in the spring. I fish from my kayak frequently in Florida but am new to kayak fishing on the eastern shore. I have a native slayer propel kayak rigged for fishing. Maybe I could join you guys for lunch when I return in the spring to get acquainted?? Do you have a website?? Please keep me in the loop. Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by tarponguy View Post
                Hey Mark, just read your thread and wanted to let you know that I live in Chester on the eastern shore and would like to get involved with any OGWLF guys who fish the eastern shore. I'm retired and spend winters in Florida but recently moved to Chester to be close to my son and his family. I'm in Florida for the winter but I'll be returning to the eastern shore in the spring. I fish from my kayak frequently in Florida but am new to kayak fishing on the eastern shore. I have a native slayer propel kayak rigged for fishing. Maybe I could join you guys for lunch when I return in the spring to get acquainted?? Do you have a website?? Please keep me in the loop. Thanks !
                Where are you in Florida? I plan to head down to Naples in Mid February for some kayak fishing.

Comment

I'd be interested in any gatherings planned. Especially saltwater, and still water. I'm located in Frederick, MD.

Dave

Comment

Check out the M&G tab for this year. There are some already listed.
                    2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                      Jim,

You're a little north of us but there's a group near Annapolis, some retired, who regularly kayak fish the Severn, various sites on Kent Island and Eastern Shore ponds. We're in no hurry to fish locally in our current weather but we'll be out again when the temps moderate. You're very welcome to join us then.
                      Thanks !

Comment

The Old Guys Who Like to Fish (OGWLF) is an informal group of guys who mostly live in Anne Arundel County. Most of us are retired - a few still have day jobs but often have flexible work hours so they can join us for a morning. We primarily fish on week days (we can pick and choose our weather conditions and have less other boat traffic or other anglers to contend with). We do not have a website and are unlikely to create one. Only a few of our members are active on Facebook, so we do not use that mechanism for communicating. We typically communicate by email to our small distribution list or to a subset of that list. Often just two or three of us plan an outing.

Three of us are heading soon to Crystal River/Mosquito Lagoon area of Florida for three days with a NE Florida kayak guide. I will remain in Florida and drive across to Tampa to fish a few more days with my regular kayak guide.

Once the ice leaves our local waters and the temperature moderate somewhat, we will resume fishing locally. Typically during the winter months we fished often in the Severn looking for pickerel. The Severn pickerel population crashed a year and a half ago, so we will need to look for other winter fishing locations.
                        John Veil
                        Annapolis
                        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

To briefly add to what John said, most certainly we can meet for lunch. PM me on this forum when you return and we'll make arrangements for lunch. Our Eastern Shore forays typically are launched from Kent Island into tidal waters or further east to a number of ponds in MD and DE for freshwater species.

Now I have a question for you. Has the recent cold snap which I know has also visited FL, adversely impacted the fishing there? I certainly hope not. I'm looking forward to a little warmth and more than a little pullage next week on FL's Space Coast.

Thank you for your query. I look forward to meeting you.
                          Mark
                          Pasadena, MD

Comment

Good luck boys headin' down south...

I guess I don't qualify for the OGWLF Club...
                            I am 61 years (too young for this club...)

and in my little 10foot boat... last year my best paddle was 18 miles...
                            Yup... I guess I got lazy last year..

Gonna do better this year.. break my 24mile paddle record...
                            In my little bathtub kayak...

So I guess I don't qualify to be in the "OGWLF Club".

And just keep my adventures to the osprey's, eagles, and other fine people I met on the bay.

Comment

Originally posted by rob-kayak View Post
                              Good luck boys headin' down south...

I guess I don't qualify for the OGWLF Club...
                              I am 61 years (too young for this club...)

and in my little 10foot boat... last year my best paddle was 18 miles...
                              Yup... I guess I got lazy last year..

Gonna do better this year.. break my 24mile paddle record...
                              In my little bathtub kayak...

So I guess I don't qualify to be in the "OGWLF Club".

And just keep my adventures to the osprey's, eagles, and other fine people I met on the bay.
                              I am 59 and live too far north to be a regular with the OGWLF Club. Would like to meet up sometime this year though. Sounds like a great bunch of guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

The only qualification for membership in the OGWLF is if your reputation can stand the company.

I do believe we have few youngsters under 61 and while I probably haven't reached 18 miles on a single outing, double digit mileage trips for us are not uncommon.

We may be old, but we can pedal and paddle pretty well.
                                Mark
                                Pasadena, MD

Comment

Working...
                                X