Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kayak Buddies

I'm from Harford county and I fish up and down the bay. My friend just got his first kayak and I will be taking him to the Susky for smallies and stripers. You are welcome to join us when we go. I also want to catch up with the smog guys. Its a long drive but I do like specs and red fish.

look for Russell Johnson on FB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAK140Jim View Post
    Do you know their screen names?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

Quote Originally Posted by suicyderider View Post
    look for Russell Johnson on FB
    There are about 40 of them. Any more detail to help me find the right one?

Quote Originally Posted by ATAK140Jim View Post
    There are about 40 of them. Any more detail to help me find the right one?

Should be the one in a scooby doo lookin kayak..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    LOWRANCE Hook7

This one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    LOWRANCE Hook7

Hey Kevin, I am also new to the area based out of Salisbury now. I used to fish with the Red X Anglers on NCAngler. They have regular M&G's and looking for something similar on the eastern shore. Is there a calendar of events?

Quote Originally Posted by Clubhorned View Post
    Hey Kevin, I am also new to the area based out of Salisbury now. I used to fish with the Red X Anglers on NCAngler. They have regular M&G's and looking for something similar on the eastern shore. Is there a calendar of events?
    They'll be setting the M&G schedule this weekend...there are lots of snaggedliners on eastern shore.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Quote Originally Posted by kevinfry View Post
    They'll be setting the M&G schedule this weekend...there are lots of snaggedliners on eastern shore.
    As Kevin noted, this Sat (Jan 13) any interested Snaggedline members will meet at Bass Pro Shops to set the Meet and Greet schedule for 2018. See http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...eting-Bass-Pro

On the fly (Harry) is the coordinator for the planning meeting. If you are unable to attend that meeting but are interested in hosting one of the monthly events, send him a pmail prior to Saturday indicating where you would hold the event and in what month(s) you recommend holding it.

Particularly for newer members, this is a way to learn new locations and techniques, and to meet other kayak anglers.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11 and Slayer Propel 10
    Member - Pro Staff team for Native Watercraft

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" - light tackle fishing techniques for kayaks and small boats

Because Snaggedline is such a big group of kayakers covering a huge area, we have numerous “sub-groups” that have regular fishing outings, usually very informal, three, four or five folks get together regularly to fish together...meeting other kayakers that live near you, have similar circumstances (like being retired) and enjoy each other’s Company...meet and greets and using the forum’s PM to setup trips is an excellent way to get yourself some great fishing buddies...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

Quote Originally Posted by ronaultmtd View Post
    Because Snaggedline is such a big group of kayakers covering a huge area, we have numerous “sub-groups” that have regular fishing outings, usually very informal, three, four or five folks get together regularly to fish together...meeting other kayakers that live near you, have similar circumstances (like being retired) and enjoy each other’s Company...meet and greets and using the forum’s PM to setup trips is an excellent way to get yourself some great fishing buddies...
    The beauty of this site is that it has fostered precisely what Ron has said -- excellent friendships. I am very grateful to Snaggedline for that.

We have a core group here in the Mid-Bay area near Annapolis. We call ourselves the Old Guys Who Like to Fish (OGWLF). While I admit to envying Ron and the SMOG because they commonly catch reds and specks, which are rare in our part of the Chesapeake Bay, we are close enough to the BAY Bridge for excursions to Eastern Shore tidal sites and its many freshwater ponds. I particularly enjoy the latter and fished in 7 Eastern Shore ponds last year in my kayak.

What have we been doing during this miserable freeze? We communicate almost daily by email and phone and in fact, we had a mini OGWLF lunch outing to the Red Hot & Blue restaurant last week.

So again, as I said in an earlier post on this thread, the OGWLF are always willing to share our outings, knowledge and friendship with Snaggedline members. If any of you are looking to kayak fish on either side of the Chesapeake from the Patapsco to the Severn to the tributaries of Eastern Bay, just say so here and we'll get in touch with you.
    Mark

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com