Kayak Buddies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
    Naw...we are just an informal group of like-minded retired guys getting together for fellowship and to wet some line. Big Mike lives in St. Mary’s County, Yak67 and I live north of there...Ictalurus (Bill) is younger and not retired, lives in Mechanicsville, and sometimes fishes with us...as does Kevin Fry, who lives near Ridge...we fish mostly in St. Mary’s County, although I fish a bit in Charles County, mostly at Mattawoman Creek and Patuxent River at Benedict...planning to take a few “road trips” this year...love to fish the Eastern Shore, but it is a haul for me..
    Why dont you have a website? I mean, you're RETIRED, you guys catch fish 5 days a week in summer, .....
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
      Why dont you have a website? I mean, you're RETIRED, you guys catch fish 5 days a week in summer, .....
      We’re from a generation where a monthly newsletter was timely updates. SMOG doesn’t stand for Super Modern Old Guys so don’t expect a website anytime soon. I’m fairly certain that Yak67 still “Shakes it like a Polaroid picture” for his photos which aren’t easy to digitize.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I screw up digital pictures regularly...bought a GoPro Hero I ended up giving to my Son...could not make videos with it...he did it in thirty seconds...so don’t expect any high tech out of me..although I do like my side imaging sonar unit...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
          We’re from a generation where a monthly newsletter was timely updates. SMOG doesn’t stand for Super Modern Old Guys so don’t expect a website anytime soon. I’m fairly certain that Yak67 still “Shakes it like a Polaroid picture” for his photos which aren’t easy to digitize.
          Lol.... you guys slay me

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope they don't make themselves a website. If they did, new snaggedline posts would drop by 90%. I need to fish vicariously through someone!
            "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
            Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

I'm from Harford county and I fish up and down the bay. My friend just got his first kayak and I will be taking him to the Susky for smallies and stripers. You are welcome to join us when we go. I also want to catch up with the smog guys. Its a long drive but I do like specs and red fish.

Comment

look for Russell Johnson on FB

Originally posted by ATAK140Jim View Post
                Do you know their screen names?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
                  look for Russell Johnson on FB
                  There are about 40 of them. Any more detail to help me find the right one?

Comment

Originally posted by ATAK140Jim View Post
                    There are about 40 of them. Any more detail to help me find the right one?

Should be the one in a scooby doo lookin kayak..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                    LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

This one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                      LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Hey Kevin, I am also new to the area based out of Salisbury now. I used to fish with the Red X Anglers on NCAngler. They have regular M&G's and looking for something similar on the eastern shore. Is there a calendar of events?

Comment

Originally posted by Clubhorned View Post
                          Hey Kevin, I am also new to the area based out of Salisbury now. I used to fish with the Red X Anglers on NCAngler. They have regular M&G's and looking for something similar on the eastern shore. Is there a calendar of events?
                          They'll be setting the M&G schedule this weekend...there are lots of snaggedliners on eastern shore.

Comment

They'll be setting the M&G schedule this weekend...there are lots of snaggedliners on eastern shore.
                            As Kevin noted, this Sat (Jan 13) any interested Snaggedline members will meet at Bass Pro Shops to set the Meet and Greet schedule for 2018. See http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...eting-Bass-Pro

On the fly (Harry) is the coordinator for the planning meeting. If you are unable to attend that meeting but are interested in hosting one of the monthly events, send him a pmail prior to Saturday indicating where you would hold the event and in what month(s) you recommend holding it.

Particularly for newer members, this is a way to learn new locations and techniques, and to meet other kayak anglers.
                            John Veil
                            Annapolis
                            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Because Snaggedline is such a big group of kayakers covering a huge area, we have numerous “sub-groups” that have regular fishing outings, usually very informal, three, four or five folks get together regularly to fish together...meeting other kayakers that live near you, have similar circumstances (like being retired) and enjoy each other’s Company...meet and greets and using the forum’s PM to setup trips is an excellent way to get yourself some great fishing buddies...
                              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                                Because Snaggedline is such a big group of kayakers covering a huge area, we have numerous “sub-groups” that have regular fishing outings, usually very informal, three, four or five folks get together regularly to fish together...meeting other kayakers that live near you, have similar circumstances (like being retired) and enjoy each other’s Company...meet and greets and using the forum’s PM to setup trips is an excellent way to get yourself some great fishing buddies...
                                The beauty of this site is that it has fostered precisely what Ron has said -- excellent friendships. I am very grateful to Snaggedline for that.

We have a core group here in the Mid-Bay area near Annapolis. We call ourselves the Old Guys Who Like to Fish (OGWLF). While I admit to envying Ron and the SMOG because they commonly catch reds and specks, which are rare in our part of the Chesapeake Bay, we are close enough to the BAY Bridge for excursions to Eastern Shore tidal sites and its many freshwater ponds. I particularly enjoy the latter and fished in 7 Eastern Shore ponds last year in my kayak.

What have we been doing during this miserable freeze? We communicate almost daily by email and phone and in fact, we had a mini OGWLF lunch outing to the Red Hot & Blue restaurant last week.

So again, as I said in an earlier post on this thread, the OGWLF are always willing to share our outings, knowledge and friendship with Snaggedline members. If any of you are looking to kayak fish on either side of the Chesapeake from the Patapsco to the Severn to the tributaries of Eastern Bay, just say so here and we'll get in touch with you.
                                Mark
                                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X