Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: CHSP fishing with santa

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    199

    Default CHSP fishing with santa

    Got a new fishing vid up. Lots of fishing, not much catching. But at least was able to get out there. Had a great time with ComeOnFish, Tufnik, and dson05

    https://youtu.be/pHxLo9O7j9g
    If you like watching somebody go through a mental breakdown from not catching any keepers, this is the video for you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    2,846

    Default

    Lol....ho, ho, ho....toad....ho, ho, ho.... another toad... ho, ho, ho....non-keeper...ho, ho, ho...toad......
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tufnik View Post
    Lol....ho, ho, ho....toad....ho, ho, ho.... another toad... ho, ho, ho....non-keeper...ho, ho, ho...toad......
    lol... glad u liked the mental breakdown. I think I'm going crazy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chantilly, VA
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    J,
    I am sorry that I didn't get you anything. Next year, I will bring you something big. What do you want, good luck, more tackle, or a very tolerant wife?
    I got myself a very tolerant wife.

    Santa from North Pole
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chantilly, VA
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    J,
    What is your video editor?
    I tested the trial versions of Corel Video Studio and Filmora (under $50). They are ok. I like Corel. But it is missing one feature - adding an image to the video clip. (But Now I can add a gif file ti a new video track)

    Where did you get the santa hat image? I need a test gif with sound. Or I can add a sound on a sound track

    Thanks
    Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 01-01-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnFish View Post
    J,
    I am sorry that I didn't get you anything. Next year, I will bring you something big. What do you want, good luck, more tackle, or a very tolerant wife?
    I got myself a very tolerant wife.

    Santa from North Pole
    HAHAHA... I'm pretty sure I want what every husband wants (except for you bc you already have one).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnFish View Post
    J,
    What is your video editor?
    I tested the trial versions of Corel Video Studio and Filmora (under $50). They are ok. I like Corel. But it is missing one feature - adding an image to the video clip. (But Now I can add a gif file ti a new video track)

    Where did you get the santa hat image? I need a test gif with sound. Or I can add a sound on a sound track

    Thanks
    Joe
    I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018. There is definitely a learning curve, but now that I've made a few videos I'm getting the hang of it, and it's not too hard to make the vids. I'm sure there are a LOT of features I'm not using and don't even know about though.

    the santa hat image i got from here: https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/...om_1371559.htm

    And the sound, I found a free sound clip on youtube. and used a firefox plugin that lets you download youtube videos/audio https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ideo-download/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chantilly, VA
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuljc View Post
    I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018. There is definitely a learning curve, but now that I've made a few videos I'm getting the hang of it, and it's not too hard to make the vids. I'm sure there are a LOT of features I'm not using and don't even know about though.

    the santa hat image i got from here: https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/...om_1371559.htm

    And the sound, I found a free sound clip on youtube. and used a firefox plugin that lets you download youtube videos/audio https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ideo-download/
    Thanks. It seems creativity is required in video editing. I will try what you did using Corel Video Studio.

    And also I downloaded the tutorial version of Adobe Premiere Pro. I am going to see if paying more for my need worths

    Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 01-01-2018 at 08:47 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chantilly, VA
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    J,
    I tried the trial version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC for 2.5 hours. Then, I gave up on Adobe Premiere Pro CC. I was able to do title/sub title and add an embeded video in a video. But this one wasn't easy to use at all for a hobbyist. It is beyond my capacity. I don't know I can afford the time to make one fishing video a week by using this editor. It took me about 3 hours for learning almost all features of Corel Video Studio or Filmora. For my fishing and home event videos, Windows Movie maker is just fine. I think I will buy Corel Video Studio.

    BTW, You were right. I got a laptop from Costco. And the laptop was fine with all 3 video editors.

    Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chantilly, VA
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnFish View Post
    J,
    I tried the trial version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC for 2.5 hours. Then, I gave up on Adobe Premiere Pro CC. I was able to do title/sub title and add an embeded video in a video. But this one wasn't easy to use at all for a hobbyist. It is beyond my capacity. I don't know I can afford the time to make one fishing video a week by using this editor. It took me about 3 hours for learning almost all features of Corel Video Studio or Filmora. For my fishing and home event videos, Windows Movie maker is just fine. I think I will buy Corel Video Studio.

    BTW, You were right. I got a laptop from Costco. And the laptop was fine with all 3 video editors.

    Thanks
    Joe
    Corrections:
    I am ditching Corel Video Studio because it has some issues. It crashes often. Video quality during the edit is horrible. It won't play video seamlessly during the edit. I think it may not use CPU or other resources effectively. Or I need a beefed up computer for this software. Now I understand the complaints about Corel Video Studio.

    I am also reviewing Power Director Ultra

    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •