February meet and greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February meet and greet

Did this event get cancelled,if so I would be more than glad to host,if someone could let me know...I can keep Launch at Jean Roberts,and for lunch I will talk with tidewater grille,I will try to keep date flexible do to season.if a host is needed please let me know.Also can host next year,Susquehanna is my home would love to share,please let me know what I need to arrange before January
    Snow Camo Lure 11.5
    Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
    Hummingbird Helix 5
    Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Originally posted by blackjack View Post
    Did this event get cancelled,if so I would be more than glad to host,if someone could let me know...I can keep Launch at Jean Roberts,and for lunch I will talk with tidewater grille,I will try to keep date flexible do to season.if a host is needed please let me know.Also can host next year,Susquehanna is my home would love to share,please let me know what I need to arrange before January
    Is this Roy?

I was contemplating offering up hosting a trip a the Susquehanna as well and was contemplating logistics. I was thinking of trying to get a float trip down the 5-6 mile stretch of the river from below the conowingo to the small ramp owned by excelon as you exit the town.

I wanted to try this type of trip because it's one a lot of people have never done due to the need for two cars. As far as logistics I was thinking I could bring my car trailer and take 5 people and kayaks from the lower ramp and drop them off at the base of the dam. It would be a tight ride in the truck as I only have a extended cab and it would be three across seating but there would be plenty of room on my car trailer to stack yaks. I could probably even make a temporary 2x4 rack on the car trailer for people a little concerned about scratching there kayak from stacking. Starting before daylight I can probably get two shuttle runs in to the base of the dam.

Any interest in teaming up to make this happen?

I would just shuttle people and could have some burgers grilled in the lower lot were people would leave there cars. Everyone would have to be a ways down the river buy the time they let the dam loose depending on their generation schedule.

You are probably more familiar with this but does this sound practical?
    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
    2015 Coosa HD
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Yes I'm Roy and I'm all about a float trip,but February is incredibly cold and the river can be very temperamental at that time of year.If you want we can team u to make February happen and then plan a warmer time for a float trip. I can carry multiple boats in my truck,any interest in teaming up to make February happen shot me a pm,we can work out the logistics
      Snow Camo Lure 11.5
      Hummingbird Helix 5

Comment

Also would love to put together a flathead trip,starting to get on the yellow perch now if you want to head down ,fishing Saturday and Sunday then again next weekend
        Snow Camo Lure 11.5
        Hummingbird Helix 5

Comment

Keep me posted on the progress of this. Would love to catch some flathead catfish, never have before.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

If there is interest, I will definitely make an impromptu meet and greet for flathead,love helping out,almost as fun as catching.fun part with them is we can use live bait or jig with artificial,River Tuna!
            Snow Camo Lure 11.5
            Hummingbird Helix 5

Comment

Isn't the ramp by the damn closed?

Comment

No,fish that area Alot,only time it is closed is if the river goes into spill conditions,and at that point your not going to be fishing anyway
                Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                Hummingbird Helix 5

Comment

I am in agreement February is not a good month to do a float trip and wouldn't be interested.

Comment

I wasn’t thinking February. When you said next year I was thinking may or June.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
                    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
                    2015 Coosa HD
                    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
                    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Definitely float trip then,every species will be in the river ...enjoy the company,I've got some insane smallmouth hole that over 15 fish were close to 18",don't mine showing but gotta fish together,lol
                      Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                      Hummingbird Helix 5

Comment

Also wanted to add,the float trip is not peddle or motor friendly,I don't even run my lure.all the other trips are including flathead.float trips on the Susquehanna involve multiple rocks or should I say boulders.
                        Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                        Hummingbird Helix 5

Comment

Would flatheads be reliable to catch even this winter? I might want to come over and join you if so, it'd be a fun day to target the catfish and/or yellow perch.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Really never targeted in the winter,switch to perch and walleye till then spring shad ,white perch ,STRIPER,flathead,blue cats,channel cars,smallmouth etc.
                            Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                            Hummingbird Helix 5

Comment

Did a recon mission today,no flats but big blue cats,so a yellow perch and big blue cat trip is definitely a go
                              Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                              Hummingbird Helix 5

Comment

Working...
                              X