Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 tog at CBBT (12/17/17)

12/17/17
    After a Christmas party, I woke up very late. When I checked the wind and current at CBBT, I knew I had enough time for catching some tog at CBBT. I hurriedly load a kayak, tackles and bait and left home at 4:40 AM . I launch the kayak at 9:00 AM.
    The slack tide would be between 10:30 - 11:00 AM. So I went straight to the 1st Island to start fishing an hour before the end of the incoming tide. I fished some pylons starting at 9:50 AM. I found a pylon that held tog.
    With top water temp of 44 F, I knew I would have less than 12 bites that day. Also I knew I only got 2.5 hours before the outgoing current became strong. So I used a tandem rig (two whole shrimp) with a 5 OZ sinker.

Before the slack tide I hooked 5 tog at 15.5", 16", 16.5", 17.5" and 17.5" and 1 toadfish.

Video Fishing Log:

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Solid fish Joe. By the time I got to first island the current picked up too much and I only managed one. I think next time I’ll go straight there.

Did you go to HRBT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J

Comment

Yes. I fished HRBT for about an hour for zero bite.
      One of my friends yelled (who was driving on CBBT) on the way back to the beach. He was coming back from Kipto after not getting any bites of cow striper. When I loaded the kayak. He texted me that he was catching specks @20-21" at Elizabeth River.
      I headed for Elizabeth River to see him first. Then I turn around because I was tired and I didn't know the time of the low tide there. When I was near the Willoughby exit, I decided to fish HRBT. After one hour of casting, I was so tired that I didn't want to fish first time in my life. I drank 3 cans of redbull when driving back home.

Joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Captain Santatog.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Good job on the togs Santa Joe.
          MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
          2016 Hobie Outback LE
          Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
          https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Not too bad. The season opens back up again here in MD next week. I might try my luck but it looks like we have some freezing temps in the forecast that might plummet water temps too low for a good tog bite. Good thing you got them when you did!
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X