Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Meeting of the Free State Fly Fishers -- Wednesday, 3 January -- Please Join Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Meeting of the Free State Fly Fishers -- Wednesday, 3 January -- Please Join Us

I invite all interested Snaggedliners to the Wednesday, January 3rd meeting of the Free State Fly Fishers at 7:30 p.m. in our Davidsonville clubhouse.

http://fs-ff.com/index.php/clubhouse-location/

I am honored to be the guest speaker that night. My topic is, “An Inside Look at FSFF Outings.”

I will review 10 of the fishing outings that the FSFF sponsored in 2017. Note that the club schedules more than 30 outings annually. My talk will highlight select freshwater and tidal trips in MD, VA and DE. Using Google Earth and trip photos, I’ll identify locations and reveal the specific areas we fished at those locations.

Each site I’ll discuss is perfect for light tackle angling as well as fly fishing. Some outings were wading trips and some were kayak trips. But each trip description should interest Snaggedliners whether you are a fly angler or a spinning tackle enthusiast. I’ll provide tips and tactics and share photos of our catches. Above all, I’ll show that our club outings are lots of fun. My hope is that I’ll inspire you to fish with us in 2018.

The coffee will be hot and plentiful and you’ll find FSFF members to be very welcoming. We love to talk fishing. Please join us on a cold winter night and add to the conversation.

I look forward to seeing you on 3 January.
    Last edited by Mark; 12-17-2017, 09:11 AM.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Just a reminder that the FSFF’s first monthly meeting of 2018 is tonight at 7:30 p.m.

http://fs-ff.com/index.php/clubhouse-location/

The weather forecast says our session will beat the snow which is on tap for tomorrow’s early morning hours.

So, after you get your snow blowers gassed up and your shovels pre-positioned this evening, please pay us a visit.

You don’t have to be a member to attend. Guests are welcome.

Our presentation will feature lots of photos of specific Delmarva freshwater and tidal fishing sites on warmer days.

I hope to see you there.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Comment

Can’t make it today but would love to eventually. I need some casting pointers or lessons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
        Can’t make it today but would love to eventually. I need some casting pointers or lessons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Brian,

We'll be glad to have you. In fact, we'll be creating a mentoring program in 2018 for folks new to fly fishing or for those seeking to further develop their skills. One-on-one instruction from an experienced member will be available. In the meantime, if you would like help with your casting, please PM me and I'll be happy to give you a few casting tips in person.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Comment

I and several other Snaggedline members attended Mark's talk to the Free State Fly Fishers group last evening. The room was full of serious fishermen, and Mark did not disappoint (Ask Mark to share his one-liners about how cold it was).

Although I do not fly fish myself, the FSFF group has welcomed me into the club as a like-minded light tackle fisherman. I enjoy the speakers they have at their meetings (many talk about a wide array of light tackle fishing topics -- not just fly fishing) and find the guys to be very friendly. A few of them do tease me about using non-fly equipment, but it is good-natured banter. Of course, it is a great place for those of you who are already fly fishermen or who want to learn more about a fly fishing.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Sorry I missed this, was double booked with our local SRRKC monthly meeting, and working a 10hr day, missed both meetings
            Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
            X