Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How are you storing your tackle?

Anytime you buy something that comes with those little packets that say "Silica Gel - Do Not Eat" keep them. They are great at absorbing moisture. Throw a couple in your planos.
    "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna

This has been a really great discussion. Thanks for that. I wanna point out that it isn't that I CARRY a lot of tackle, much the opposite. It's that I HAVE a lot of tackle. My primary targets are small river smallies---and if you KNOW small river smallies, you know that there is NOT a guaranteed winner bait, which may be why I like them so much---I'm a bit of a masochist. Plenty of days where 4 hours in I haven't caught a fish, and I switch up one thing, and still wind up with a 50 fish day in 4 more hours. There's baits that will pretty much always work---grubs, for example, but they may mean you've got a day full of 10" fish (which is still a great day!) but when you've got 20 feet of clarity and you can SEE 20" fish...that can be frustrating. That's why I've got one single plano for "catfish" and like 7 for smallies, lol, and why there are so many plastic types in there.
    2016 NuCanoe Pursuit 13.5
    2015 F&S Shadowcaster 12
    2008 Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT 12

Mark I'm stealing that idea, I usually find my used Riggs when I'm lifting the kayak over my head!..... I'm loving this thread it's my third time through.
    Harlan

Revo 13
    Trident 13
    Cuda 14
    Necky Tandem

Quote Originally Posted by harlanbud View Post
    Mark I'm stealing that idea, I usually find my used Riggs when I'm lifting the kayak over my head!..... I'm loving this thread it's my third time through.
    That's fine Harlan. I stole it from someone here too!
    Mark

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com