Loch Raven unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loch Raven unbelievable

I fished a different area of Loch Raven today. Its an area where I have caught some nice pickerel but have never caught a pike there. I was not there 5 minutes when I caught this guy a 40 incher. I did not catch another fish but I still can't believe my luck.40 incher.jpg40.jpg

You’ve got the mojo!
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

WOW +1 on the Mojo

Yak67
      2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
      2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

WOW 40" Pike is no joke. Do you practice C&R fishing?

I dont fish much fresh water, but it appears Northern Pike 30+ daily legal lime is (2) possession. Reason I ask is, recently i've seen several anglers eating pickerel filet, with some good looking recipes.
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
          I fished a different area of Loch Raven today. Its an area where I have caught some nice pickerel but have never caught a pike there. I was not there 5 minutes when I caught this guy a 40 incher. I did not catch another fish but I still can't believe my luck.[ATTACH=CONFIG]22701[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22702[/ATTACH]
          Great fish Mike! If these windy weekends continue, I may have to stick to shore fishing, and hit you up.

Comment

Nicely done! I was able to get up there a few times last week and caught tons of pickerel and one 4.5 lb largemouth, but no pike. I bet that was a blast!
            Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Congratulations! Great fish!!
              WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

Great fish! That toothy fella was probably a battle and a half!
                Matt
                Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
                2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
                10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Your on fire dude !!

Comment

Big pike are fun. I get a similar rush when unhooking a snakehead. That pike you caught was a big one. Look how thick it is around the middle. Cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                      WOW 40" Pike is no joke. Do you practice C&R fishing?

I dont fish much fresh water, but it appears Northern Pike 30+ daily legal lime is (2) possession. Reason I ask is, recently i've seen several anglers eating pickerel filet, with some good looking recipes.
                      Yes its all c and r. I release 98% of all the fish I catch. I keep a few rock fish fillets for the freezer everything else goes back.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                        Great fish Mike! If these windy weekends continue, I may have to stick to shore fishing, and hit you up.
                        Let me know. I'm probably not going to fish Loch Raven much more this year. I will probably try for stripers a couple more times and in mid February hope to head to Florida for some kayak fishing.

Comment

Double congrats! That one, and the other one, were pretty fish.
                          Brian

Comment

Wow! I'm going to have to look into getting into some freshwater! Nice fish
                            Tight lines
                            Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
                            Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
                            Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
                            Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

The reason you didn't catch anymore fish in that area is because that thing ate them all!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                              Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                              Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                              Kokatat Pro Staff
                              Torqeedo Pro Staff
                              Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X