No announcement yet.

CBBT Tautog & HRBT Skunk (Dec 07, 2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT Tautog & HRBT Skunk (Dec 07, 2017)

CBBT in the morning:
    Tautog (blackfish) weren’t biting. I had total 4 bites today for 1.5-2 hours of the pylon hopping and 3 hours of the actual fishing. Luckily the last two landed were keepers at 16”.

HRBT afternoon:
    I stopped by HRBT and fished for striper on the way home. I didn’t have a plan. I was clueless for 2 hours. I had no bites.

Video Fishing Log:

Thank you
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Two keepers in two hours?!?! I'd say that's very good.

I never tried, but I wonder if togs are around there (HRBT). There are many pilings and rocks up to that little island (I thinks it's an abandoned fort) from the Norfolk side.

I was thinking of going to CBBT today, but changed my mind. Getting a bit cold.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Tufnik,
      I fished from one hour before the end of the outgoing tide. So I was in a hurry to hit some pilings before the strong incoming tide. Not having single bite of any kinds in the mid December is very rare. I had to go to the first island for the first bite. 15 minutes apart on the same pylon, I missed first two bites in 42' of water. I was using a 5 OZ sinker for two whole shrimp on the rig. I was patient and very focused for 30 minutes to land the 3rd and 4th ones as I knew that would be the last chance for the day.

During one out of my 4 HRBT trips, I tried for tog at the rock pile. I caught a keeper puppy drum at the first pylon (next to the rock pile) on shrimp.

I also tried once for tog at the rock pile in the Rudee Inlet. I didn't catch any fish. But one day, I will try again.

Joe
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

There are tog around the rocks of Ft Wool at the HRBT. Not in big numbers or size, but if you work at it, you could pull up some keeper size. The channel side of the rocks has deeper water than the other sides.
        2013 WS Ride 135
        2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by rwh View Post
          There are tog around the rocks of Ft Wool at the HRBT. Not in big numbers or size, but if you work at it, you could pull up some keeper size. The channel side of the rocks has deeper water than the other sides.
          I fished for tog few years ago at HRBT. I caught a keeper puppy drum instead. HRBT is one of the backups. But I always went to Kipto

Joe

Comment

Working...
          X