Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple on the Magothy (12/3/17)

Default Couple on the Magothy (12/3/17)

First time on the magothy on my new kayak... Got a couple and lost a couple. Mostly just exploring with my depth finder to see if there are any channels/ledges near me. Was using a small white paddle tail on an ultralight setup. Imagine my surprise when I pulled up a 22" ! Lol. The ultralight has so much bend and he barely fought so I had no idea it was a good fish until I got him next to the boat. Caught another dink (12" maybe) and lost a couple also. Good night on the kayak...looking forward to more outings and next year also.

20171203_161143.jpg20171203_162129.jpg
    Lifetime Tamarack Angler
    Insta - jeepfisher_md
    fishbrain - jeepFisher

Nice report! Keep them coming.

Nice, where did you launch out of?
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    Nice, where did you launch out of?
    Our neighborhood beach.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
    Lifetime Tamarack Angler
    Insta - jeepfisher_md
    fishbrain - jeepFisher

Nice fish! Sounds like a fun time pulling in that 22". What type of yak did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by YakMan1731 View Post
    Nice fish! Sounds like a fun time pulling in that 22". What type of yak did you get?
    Just a cheap starter kayak. Lifetime Tamarack. Had a Lifetime Sportfisher that was fine to fish from but a pain to transport on my jeep and the seat wasnt all that great. So i sold it and used that money to get my second starter kayak and actually use it see what i really want in the future.

Lifetime Tamarack Angler
    Insta - jeepfisher_md
    fishbrain - jeepFisher

Quote Originally Posted by gshappell View Post
    Just a cheap starter kayak. Lifetime Tamarack. Had a Lifetime Sportfisher that was fine to fish from but a pain to transport on my jeep and the seat wasnt all that great. So i sold it and used that money to get my second starter kayak and actually use it see what i really want in the future.

Nice. Good stuff and solid move swapping out with the money from the sold Sportfisher. I'm right there with you- Bought a Pelican Tracker Angler 10 and added a ton of mods to beef it up a bit with the same eventual goal in mind of getting something more. There's something addicting about being able to add DIY bits and pieces of equipment to improve the experience. Good luck with the Tamarack!

Glad you found some fish still hanging around the Magothy! My last two trips haven't produced anything but exercise.
    Good job--Al "Magothyman"

Quote Originally Posted by YakMan1731 View Post
    Nice. Good stuff and solid move swapping out with the money from the sold Sportfisher. I'm right there with you- Bought a Pelican Tracker Angler 10 and added a ton of mods to beef it up a bit with the same eventual goal in mind of getting something more. There's something addicting about being able to add DIY bits and pieces of equipment to improve the experience. Good luck with the Tamarack!
    Weird...i thought i replied to this yesterday... lol. Anyway i replied that i am addicted as well to the mods. I have already added a different seat and bout new eyes/rivets, and all the parts necessary for building my own cart/dolly not too mention setting up my crate. I think I will want more room in the future, but for right now i love the portability and how easier this kayak is to get through the water compared to my last one. I think im too heavy to be standing on it, but it seems pretty stable for normal use.
    Lifetime Tamarack Angler
    Insta - jeepfisher_md
    fishbrain - jeepFisher

Quote Originally Posted by Magothyman View Post
    Glad you found some fish still hanging around the Magothy! My last two trips haven't produced anything but exercise.
    Good job--Al "Magothyman"
    Yeah i went out for a bit from shore this morning and a whole lot of nothing, not even a little pickerel.
    Lifetime Tamarack Angler
    Insta - jeepfisher_md
    fishbrain - jeepFisher