Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple on the Magothy (12/3/17)

Quote Originally Posted by gshappell View Post
    Weird...i thought i replied to this yesterday... lol. Anyway i replied that i am addicted as well to the mods. I have already added a different seat and bout new eyes/rivets, and all the parts necessary for building my own cart/dolly not too mention setting up my crate. I think I will want more room in the future, but for right now i love the portability and how easier this kayak is to get through the water compared to my last one. I think im too heavy to be standing on it, but it seems pretty stable for normal use.
    If you can get some stability on those wavy/windy days, that's a huge win. Being limited by wind and waves is my downfall currently. Luckily, Windfinder has made it easy to track the best times to venture out. Definitely recommend. I also added an anchor system as well for LMB fishing. Dick's has a decent pound a half anchor with a trolley line included for about $20. Definitely a lifesaver for a non-pedal yak.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by YakMan1731 View Post
    If you can get some stability on those wavy/windy days, that's a huge win. Being limited by wind and waves is my downfall currently. Luckily, Windfinder has made it easy to track the best times to venture out. Definitely recommend. I also added an anchor system as well for LMB fishing. Dick's has a decent pound a half anchor with a trolley line included for about $20. Definitely a lifesaver for a non-pedal yak.
    Lol...I forgot about that...I am looking at doing that mod were you attach a 3-4inch pipe on your crate to house your anchor. I had my anchor from the first go around but am ordering an anchor trolley kit and using the clothesline winder to store the cord. Thanks for the pic for inspiration and the recommendation for Windfinder! Weird how a body of water 10 miles inland can be calm and hen there are waves/wind on the river - lol.
    Lifetime Tamarack Angler
    Insta - jeepfisher_md
    fishbrain - jeepFisher

Quote Originally Posted by gshappell View Post
    Lol...I forgot about that...I am looking at doing that mod were you attach a 3-4inch pipe on your crate to house your anchor. I had my anchor from the first go around but am ordering an anchor trolley kit and using the clothesline winder to store the cord. Thanks for the pic for inspiration and the recommendation for Windfinder! Weird how a body of water 10 miles inland can be calm and hen there are waves/wind on the river - lol.
    Great idea for the line winder. It's such a pain in the butt piling it up next to my seat, especially if a treble hook gets into it during the occassional chaos. I know what you're saying...I eye Windfinder all week when I'm planning a day out, and it's unreal how it can be blowing 15mph in the bay but at 3-4 inland. Choosing between lots of fishing spots is a good problem to have!