Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Waterproof/dry pants?

A new person who hasn't had the experience of being out there doesn't realize that or they wouldn't be asking the question. The advise given can either make it a little more safer for them or possibly put them at risk.
    Sun Camo Feel Free Lure 13.5
    Lowrance Elite 7 ti w/Totalscan
    B & C Power Yaks transom mount
    Minn Kota 55 Riptide

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
    A new person who hasn't had the experience of being out there doesn't realize that or they wouldn't be asking the question. The advise given can either make it a little more safer for them or possibly put them at risk.
    Original question: "Just curious though what the experienced winter kayak fishermen use to remain dry/comfortable on the water."

I think it has been answered pretty well.
    Mark

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com

Well hell then you could tell them to wear layered clothing with rain gear and they would be dry and comfortable in winter ON the water but I would rather give them advise as to what will help better protect them if they fall in. Just because you have been on here longer or that you have written a book presume to know that you know more and can dismiss a subject at your leisure. I would put money on it I have spent more time actually being in cold water and have used more various mils of wet suits in various degrees of cold water down to 37 degrees and have used more dry suits of various types to know the effect cold water has on each one to know which is better to use given the water temperature and how long one can safely spend in the water using them. You have a good day and I hope you never have the experience to find out if what you wear is good enough or not.
    Sun Camo Feel Free Lure 13.5
    Lowrance Elite 7 ti w/Totalscan
    B & C Power Yaks transom mount
    Minn Kota 55 Riptide

Oldbayrunner,

I presumed no expertise. You have and that's fine. I'm impressed.

But I did not and will not resort to a personal attack to state my case.

I answered the original question on this thread citing what I do. And I am comfortable on the water that way despite your disbelief. I also mentioned in my first post on this thread that there are risks and each person should measure them and react to them as they see fit. Others have answered similarly. And others have disagreed. I personally cannot answer more honestly or sincerely.

Too bad you take strong exception. I didn't mean to offend you.
    Mark

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com

Quote Originally Posted by smithmal View Post
    Can you provide links to the wader pants and belt on Cabela's that you are referring to?

Thanks,

smithmal
    Smithmal these are the ones.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABEL....uts?slotId=10
    The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.