CHSP (Keeper Togs) Sat 12-2-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP (Keeper Togs) Sat 12-2-17

It was an easy launch with the small waves lapping on the sand. We set out about 830 hrs and fished the Inner Wall for a couple hours. Since we caught several shorts and only one keeper tog, we went to the Outer Wall for more action.

A couple of boats were already fishing there. We fished both sides of the lighthouse. Using frozen shrimp, I caught two short togs (12, 13”), one keeper tog (16”), one cunner and many toads. Santa Joe caught keepers too. I'll let the others report their catches.

Oh yeah, I lost seven rigs.

Good fishing with you guys on a nice calm, light wind and mostly sunny day: ComeOnfish, Dson and nice-truck kulJC.
    Attached Files
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

HAHAHA the Ridgeline is the best truck!

It was really nice fishing with you and Joe.

- nice-truck kuljc aka ToadFish Master

Comment

Yes, it was very nice fishing with a bunch of anglers enjoying fishing.
      I needed an easy-comfy-fun trip after a CBBT/Rudee trip 2 days before. The very light wind, tide, and the current directions when we traveled between the inner and the outer wall were perfect as we expected.

Leaving the inner wall and fishing the outer wall worked out for me. Somehow I landed two keepers after stealing Tufnik's keeper spot.

I think the warmer water temp in October - Mid November had something to do with the lack of keeper tog bites at CHSP, OCI, IRI, and CBBT in this fall/winter. Now I am hoping the keeper tog is available additional two weeks this year. Perhaps I may catch tog through the mid January next year at CBBT.

KulJC and Daniel, thank you for inviting me for dinner. I was tired and cold when we came back. I rested well and was fed with my comfort food before the long drive back home.

Video Fishing Log:

Thanks
      Joe
      Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-04-2017, 07:51 PM.
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Tog fillets.
        Attached Files
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Nice work guys! After seeing your report, I'm slightly motivated to get back over there next week since I didn't make it to the outer wall last time. We'll see if the weather plays nice...
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
          X