231 Bridge, Benedict tomorrow December 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 231 Bridge, Benedict tomorrow December 3

Any quick tips? I plan to take a mix of gear since I haven't fished the area before. I will have my fish finder so I can soak some bait in the channel for catfish and throw some lures around the bridge itself...
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Lots of blue cats there...occasional stripers...summertime it is loaded with croakers and white perch...occasional speckled trout and redfish...never fished it this time of year- Clark’s Landing is my usual Pax River launch...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks. Just me and my bait right now. The little bit of rain subsided. Nothing appears to be moving...but I'm here and enjoying myself anyway. Found a drop off from 13 to 25 feet...soaking some bait along it to see if I can find a cat.
      Hobie Outback
      Stand Up Paddle Board
      Pelican 100

Comment

Don’t over look the flats near the drop offs...catfish swim across the flats looking for food...at Mattawoman this spring Kevin, Bill and I were catfishing near the mouth of the creek by the Navy base...there was a deep, deep channel I was fishing...Kevin backed off to the shallow flats some 40-50 yards away and started catching fish...had he not alerted me I would have drawn a skunk...instead we caught a nice mess of good-eating, perfect size catfish...

Comment

IMG_20171203_092054664_HDR.jpg

Looky!!!!! Second striped bass for me...first was at Point Lookout with a croaker set up....not sure if he was keeping size, as i didn't measure him. I know my kayak is about 3 feet wide...while he wasn't that big, he was sturdy. Only catch of the day and I was pleased. Met a nice guy on the way out...local guy...he told me we were both early...but we both had to get home for family duty. He said at high tide..right around slack...the birds start targeting the baitfish on the north side of the bridge...I will time it better next time. Easy place to launch and close to my house...I will definitely hit the Pax more often.

IMG_20171203_092100878_HDR.jpg
          Hobie Outback
          Stand Up Paddle Board
          Pelican 100

Comment

Nice fish...about 10-12 miles for me to Benedict from my house...

Comment

Finally got back to the bridge this morning...caught 2 cats and one 17 inch striper...lots of bait balls and fish on the finder. About 5 boats trolling back and forth under the bridge..I didn't see them catching anything. The striper hit a bucktail I was dragging behind the yak at about 2 mph...in about 18 feet of water...I was looking for holes for cats...I though I might as well see if anything was hitting...I was pleasantly surprised...good morning in all. IMG_20181104_080804747.jpg
              Hobie Outback
              Stand Up Paddle Board
              Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
              X