Bixpy Test Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bixpy Test Run

Initial test run of the Bixpy jet motor for the kayak.

https://youtu.be/rLnr8WZti5Y

Outback 2015
    Maui

Originally posted by Goody View Post
    Initial test run of the Bixpy jet motor for the kayak.

https://youtu.be/rLnr8WZti5Y
    Looks fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been curious about these. Thanks for the report.
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Pretty Cool Goody!
        -manny

Hobie Outback
        Wilderness Systems 130T
        Hobie Outfitter

Comment

That wireless controller is really cool! I was hoping the top speed would at least hit 5.5 or so, but I'm sure that maybe it's just more about battery run time over top speed. Have you gotten a chance to see total run time on the low and high speeds?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
            That wireless controller is really cool! I was hoping the top speed would at least hit 5.5 or so, but I'm sure that maybe it's just more about battery run time over top speed. Have you gotten a chance to see total run time on the low and high speeds?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
            I've only had a chance to get out and familiarize myself with the motor's basic operation. I'll have to check out how long it can go on the lower setting in the future. It's suppose to go around 6hrs or so on setting 2. On the higher speed it'll probably only go for maybe 1 1/2 to 2hrs.

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

All the video's I've seen have been in calm water. Have you tried it in any strong winds & current as yet?

Comment

I like the lack of visible mounting hardware that you find on the torqeedo. I'd like to see a head to head vs the torqeedo as far as speed, longevity and noise is concerned.
                "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
                Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by nhunter344 View Post
                  I like the lack of visible mounting hardware that you find on the torqeedo. I'd like to see a head to head vs the torqeedo as far as speed, longevity and noise is concerned.
                  I'm also interested in a head-to-head type of comparison, especially with 'real-world' conditions
                  Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
                    All the video's I've seen have been in calm water. Have you tried it in any strong winds & current as yet?
                    This is the only time I've gone out with it so far. I just got the motor about a week ago.

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Originally posted by nhunter344 View Post
                      Get me a torqeedo and I'd be more than happy to do a head to head comparison. I know that the torqueedo cost 2x ($$$) more than the bixpy jet. One of the reason why I went this route.

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

Any long term update on this? Jeff Little posted a comparison report a few days ago and was not impressed. For roughly half the cost of a Torqueedo I don't expect them to perform the same, but he had issues with the construction that seemed avoidable. A plastic clip broke, apparently a known issue they will likely correct, but he also lost a blade on the prop the first outing. Any feedback would be appreciated.
                        2015 Hobie Outback
                        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Also saw the Jeff Little video... With it being 1/2 the price of the Torqueedo, I think you are getting far more bang for your buck with the Bixby. That being said, if you're planning to spend a significant amount of money on power, why not save up / spend some extra and get the best.
                          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                            Also saw the Jeff Little video... With it being 1/2 the price of the Torqueedo, I think you are getting far more bang for your buck with the Bixby. That being said, if you're planning to spend a significant amount of money on power, why not save up / spend some extra and get the best.
                            I’m more interested in the gen2. The Torqueedo had issues early on too, still does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            2015 Hobie Outback
                            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Not being negative on the product but I'm still waiting for someone to post a video using one for the kind of conditions I put a motor on my yak for in the first place, strong wind, against outgoing current and 2-3ft chop. I dont care about the plastic clips as I would use the shaft and motor on my existing mount.

Comment

Working...
                              X