Thread: January meeeting Bass Pro

Default January meeeting Bass Pro

On January 13, 2018 we will do flytying from 10 until noon in front of fly shop as last year. If you need help tying flies, redressing or dressing tee lures we can help. Will try to focus on bass flies but will help you with anything. If you can tie and want to help just bring your vise.

From Noon til 12:30 we will hold yearly m&g meeting to schedule 2018 M&G’s. Please refer the posted 2017 M&G schedule to get an idea of this past year and give thought if you wish to host any.

At 1 pm Jerry Sauter will give the bass seminar near the fish aquarium. He advised if you attend bring a pen and pad of paper. Lots of information. This will be held at Bass Pro Sops Arundel Mills, md

A little about Jerry, he was named the Baltimore Sunpapers Angler of the Century, three time Maryland record holder for, largemouth, smallmouth, and striped bass. He has won multiple Field and Stream awards and fished with such personalities as Roland Martin. He is a great speaker and fisherman.

If you plan to attend please let me know so I can make arrangements to accomadate everyone. THIS IS IMPORTANT!! We have had past years where we had double the persons whom said they would attend. I need to make sure I have an area that can accommodate the crowd.
    THANKS!!!!

Have a happy holiday and hope to see you in January!

Also want to welcome Bruce. Emser,. As the new Fishing/camping manager at Bass Pro!!!

Harry
    Last edited by On the fly; 12-03-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by On the fly View Post
    Also want to welcome Bruce. Emser,. As the new Fishing/camping manager at Bass Pro!!!
    He didn't last long at Alltackle, haha.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

I will probably be there for this, but will let you know when it gets closer. And that's good to know about Bruce! Now I know of a few people at Basspro to bounce ideas off of, for when I come in the store to use my gift card.

Harry,

I'll be there to tie flies and jigs. Also, I'll attend the M&G planning session and Jerry's presentation.

I'm looking forward to the day.

Thank you for organizing.
    Mark

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Harry,

I'll be there to tie flies and jigs. Also, I'll attend the M&G planning session and Jerry's presentation.

I'm looking forward to the day.

Thank you for organizing.
    Donít forget those great smallmouth poppers you tie!

Quote Originally Posted by On the fly View Post
    Don’t forget those great smallmouth poppers you tie!
    Absolutely. Very simple and effective.

P1030056.jpg
    Mark

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com

Meet and greet plus seminar.
    Thanks

Hi guys I will not be able to come to bass pro for the fly tying group or the planning meeting in January . But I will offer again to host the June or July meet and greet on the upper Potomac . So you can put that in the lineup for 2018 . Everyone have a great holiday season and stay happy and healthy . Best Rich
    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Quote Originally Posted by monocacykayak View Post
    Hi guys I will not be able to come to bass pro for the fly tying group or the planning meeting in January . But I will offer again to host the June or July meet and greet on the upper Potomac . So you can put that in the lineup for 2018 . Everyone have a great holiday season and stay happy and healthy . Best Rich
    Thanks you have a great holiday. Will put you down.
    Harry

I'll be there
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback