Chsp tog nursery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chsp tog nursery

Fished chsp and caught many many short tog with only one 16" keeper and an 8" Bergall. I fished the inner wall with shrimp and blue crab for bait. I had planned to go to the outer, but the steady bite at the inner kept me there even though the fish were small...
    Bummer of the day was when I hooked up with something substantially bigger and lost it half way up. It was not biting like a tog and not fighting like one either it kind of just barely nibbled at the bait and then just sat there. I'm thinking possibly a big flounder?

24059711_10103990678869535_6852294107656629354_o.jpg
    24059773_10103991072096505_8429562810072390835_o.jpg
    24173895_10103991826030615_1349786389129120602_o.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shady; 11-29-2017, 09:06 AM.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Nice Shady, I've been wanting to get a nice tog. So far I have caught 3 little ones on jigging spoons fishing for other things. Were you on the inside or the outside? I am hoping to hit Chsp next week. If you go again I wouldn't mind meeting up with you.

Comment

Is the cunner on the plate? Both are good, but I prefer the taste of the tog.

Thinking of fishing there this weekend, but the winds may be too high. Thanks for the report.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
        Nice Shady, I've been wanting to get a nice tog. So far I have caught 3 little ones on jigging spoons fishing for other things. Were you on the inside or the outside? I am hoping to hit Chsp next week. If you go again I wouldn't mind meeting up with you.
        I was on the outside. That may be my tog trip for the year, its just so dang expensive between bait, gas, jigs, and park fee, unless reports start improving on keepers...
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
          Is the cunner on the plate? Both are good, but I prefer the taste of the tog.

Thinking of fishing there this weekend, but the winds may be too high. Thanks for the report.
          Yea, I fried the Cunner whole in butter. It was a slow day on putting meat in the cooler, so he went in too...
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Another note, the keepers belly was chock full of Asian shure crabs. I need to figure out where to get these!!!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Thanks, if I go I'll let you know how I do

Comment

At least you brought home something to eat!

I usually do best finding Asian crabs by flipping rocks below the median tide line. You would think at locations where they are present they'd be under every rock along the area, but they aren't. I have a few spots I find them regularly if the tide is right, but if I go to a pile of rocks 20 ft away I can't hardly find any. I hear the shallow water around Cape is a good spot for finding Jonah crabs under the lights.
                Brian

Comment

Working...
                X