Patapsco River 25Nov17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patapsco River 25Nov17

Had some extra time this weekend to finally dust off the kayak and go fishing. Life has changed drastically since we have had my daughter. After about two hours of paddling, I finally found out where the fish were hiding. No boats around and tons of fish. I couldn't have asked for a better morning. Fish Pic1.jpgFish Pic2.jpgFish Pic3.jpg
    2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Looks like I gotta fish with you, you seem to know the Patapsco very well. It's a daunting area for me, and I've yet to really figure it out. Though I do alright by White Rocks and Ft. Smallwood.

Comment

I didn't have any luck trolling. I saw maybe 10 to 20 boats out trolling the channel edges with little to no luck. I ended up jigging up all of the fish I caught. I used g-eye and jigged-up custom jigs with a striper sniper 7 inch worm combo. For whatever reason, they wouldn't hit my bkd's or zman paddletails. I live off of the Patapsco so it's my home waters. I realize it can be overwhelming. Just find the holes and always check for increases in water temperatures.
      2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Congrats, and I can totally relate! I have a 21 month old and my kayak fishing hobby certainly has been impacted the past 2 years! I'm hoping that tide has turned and I'll be better able to work in more fishing time next year.

Comment

Nice! Thank you for the tips. I have that tackle already so I should be good to go. I will be out there Sunday trying my luck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

No problem and good luck. I would love to go, but I will be in Ocean City this weekend. Maybe sometime soon. I also would like to hit Mattawoman for some blue cats shortly.
            2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by Franzel08 View Post
              No problem and good luck. I would love to go, but I will be in Ocean City this weekend. Maybe sometime soon. I also would like to hit Mattawoman for some blue cats shortly.
              I've got a good spot out of Marshall Hall if you ever want to hit that up. Got my PB 40" fish on Jan 1 this year there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Along about the 21st of December starts my bluecatfishing...And it is steady all winter long...
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I actually prefer catching and keeping the little guys. We did a trip last year (Ron was location host), and I have to agree that the 28 inches and smaller blue kitties taste delicious! Ron, I have been jealous reading your stories of catching redfish at the lower slower. Glad the fishing season has treated you well!
                  2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Unbelievably well...so much so I have refrained from posting at least a dozen or more trips that folks would have thrown the “bullshit flag” on...like I have had a Golden Horseshoe up my arse...no skunks in 2017...not a single one...and I am home sick for a few days and that has me rigging baits and cleaning fishing tackle...I am looking forward to the start of catfishing season as soon as Rockfish season closes in 20 days...this year I have some new wrinkles I am planning...watched an episode of “In-Fishemen” where they were fishing for big blue cats in Iowa...host used a really big jighead with a chunk of cut shad and just dropped it straight down to the bottom and then reeled the jig up one full turn to be just a foot off the bottom...in a few minutes he had a 46 inch blue cat...going to try that technique along with one rod of my normal fishfinder setup...
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Sounds good! We should plan another trip in the near future. I would prefer going after some fish for tacos first...
                      2018 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                      X