New and questionably improved Clark's Landing ramp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and questionably improved Clark's Landing ramp

Back in July we lost the use of Clark's Landing for a $275k improvement project to improve the ramp and add a pier. Basically it was good for kayaks and Jon boats with the occasional crazy person trying to launch a bigger vessel. I had doubts about this because of a lack of parking and the creek there is shallow until you get 40' from shore. They had a grand reopening two weeks ago and I finally got down today to see it in person.

Looks pretty nice from the shore. Walked out on the pier and as a taxpayer my worst fears were confirmed.

That dark shadow is the pole marking end of the ramp, maybe 2' of water and I think the tide could get lower. You can just make out actual end a couple feet past the shadow. Even at high tide there might be 3'. While this is good news for kayakers it's a shame so much money was wasted on this. I can see unsuspecting boaters getting their boats stuck here and making a mess of anyone else trying to use the ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Thanks for the update Mike. Looks like it will be OK for Kayaks only, but some bonehead will try to launch something bigger to get out of paying launch fees at the closest marina.

No additional parking added, so I think this is going to be really interesting

You got to give ST Mary's County an "A" for effort. This would have been a 10-year fight in A.A. County

Yak67
    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
    2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Mike,

I hope to try it out next year guided by you and your fellow SMOG members to chase those specks and reds that are rarely found in the Bay's waters close to me.

I definitely want to make that happen.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Mike,

I hope to try it out next year guided by you and your fellow SMOG members to chase those specks and reds that are rarely found in the Bay's waters close to me.

Me too, have kayak will travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I kinda liked it the way it was...especially the sandbar we could pull up on...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            Mike,

Mark, it would be our pleasure to host folks down this way. Hoping for a mild winter to avoid another die off of those southern fish like we had 3-4 years ago.
            Mike
            Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
            X