Thread: Yak Fish’s book

Default Yak Fish’s book

I’ve been reading Alan’s book on jigging ............ man ..... and I thought his trolling book was good. This one is the most complete book on jigging that I have seen. It covers stuff that I never thought of ........ even shows how far your jig jumps at different line lengths. It is definitely a must have if you want to learn how to jig the bay to catch the monsters that only he catches.

Great Christmas gift for anyone......... Light Tackle Kayak Jigging The Chesapeake Bay

Both his books are classics !!!!!!!!!

Agreed!
    Bruce

Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Quote Originally Posted by Memory Maker View Post
    I’ve been reading Alan’s book on jigging ............ man ..... and I thought his trolling book was good. This one is the most complete book on jigging that I have seen. It covers stuff that I never thought of ........ even shows how far your jig jumps at different line lengths. It is definitely a must have if you want to learn how to jig the bay to catch the monsters that only he catches.

Great Christmas gift for anyone......... Light Tackle Kayak Jigging The Chesapeake Bay

Both his books are classics !!!!!!!!!
    Agreed as well!!

Get them direct from Alan or you can get them at www.jigthebay.com while you pick up a few other lures and tackle!! Shop Small business!!
    Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
    JigtheBay.com Owner

Hobie Outback 2015
    Hobie Revolution 11' 2016
    Sea Hunt Triton 202

Thanks guys! I really, really appreciate it :-)

I'm glad you're enjoying it. You hit on the thing that I was most trying to get across...a lot happens at the end of the line that people don't think about, which hinders the ability to catch fish. When I was writing this book, I made a point to fish with a lot of guys that did not know how to jig, or had not had much success. I found that many made the same mistakes and with a few simple tweaks they could get up and running. Of course in the more challenging situations, more time was needed, so I decided to write it all down and share what I've found to be successful. Hopefully it adds to the collective body of information out there and the next guy can add his/her perspective too.

Thanks again guys.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback
    Alan

Agree great book. Funny how he recommends using clips and I just started using Tactical anglers the week before I got his book.

Quote Originally Posted by mike o View Post
    Agree great book. Funny how he recommends using clips and I just started using Tactical anglers the week before I got his book.
    I've gone against the grain on that recommendation, but I've always highly recommend using clips for how I fish.

Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback
    Alan

I think I may start using clips too for the rods that will see a lot of casting and lure changes, but the ones that I just leave out trolling a lot, I will probably stick to just leader-to-lure. I feel like the clips just add another avenue for debris to cling to when you're covering a lot of water in search of fish. Could be wrong though (probably am)

Quote Originally Posted by yakscientist View Post
    I think I may start using clips too for the rods that will see a lot of casting and lure changes, but the ones that I just leave out trolling a lot, I will probably stick to just leader-to-lure. I feel like the clips just add another avenue for debris to cling to when you're covering a lot of water in search of fish. Could be wrong though (probably am)
    No one's wrong, we just have our preferences

Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback
    Alan

Yakfish, hope your family has a great holiday.
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by On the fly View Post
    Yakfish, hope your family has a great holiday.
    Harry
    Thanks buddy. We're doing great. The little one makes things both a ton more hectic and a ton more enjoyable. It's like reliving childhood in the best possible way. I hope you guys are doing well also.

Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback
    Alan