Deal Island/Southern MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal Island/Southern MD

If anyone is fishing over the holiday week, let me know! We’ve been doing well in the shallows and a bit offshore... if the wind doesn’t cooperate, i hit the back bays.

Dan

Are you suggesting you willing to be a chaperone?
    XXXMedium

Hobie PA12
    Native Ultimate 14.5 Tandem (Snakehead Rig)

Comment

Originally posted by XXXMedium View Post
      Are you suggesting you willing to be a chaperone?
      I’ve never been that formal, but sure! I usually put in at Deal Island Harbor, so i could meet you there. If the wind isn’t blowing, we could hit Wenona or Champ. I don’t have the answer key, but there are a lot of fish.

Comment

Dan you are the Man! Thanks. Lets watch the weather. Are you shooting for a specific day over another? That could rule me out due to family events.
        XXXMedium

Hobie PA12

Comment

Sounds good- I will PM you.

Comment

I picked up a bunch this morning. Waited for better visibility so the oyster boats didn’t run me over- was in the water by 6:45am and got. 21” right off the bat as i trolled. It was still a little choppy to head out to deeper water to jig, so i stuck to the harbor and got a lot of shorts in a shallows. First run with my new Hook 5... lost depth readings half way through my trips. I have to do some research to figure out what’s going on. Well, also, i have no idea what I’m looking at, so, actually, i have a lot of research to do.

Comment

You using a Navionics card or something similar? If not you might want to. You could download C-map ones in that location I find the community edits sketchy with not enough over all data opposed to using the navionics.

I rely heavily, especially when I'm fishing new areas or not, on bathymetric mapping as a good starting point. Usually I'll map out the area I am going to start fishing on my home computer and download the information with any waypoints, trails and routes I create to my sd card before I go.

This webinar may help you. Even though it pertains mostly yo deep water it is pretty much the same reading for shallower water. Navionics has some really good You tubes as does Lowrance for learning.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzNqdgcArg8
              Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 11-22-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks, OldBayRunner! The old lady love overhearing my hours of fishing education videos... i will check it out this afternoon! I have the Nav card, i believe. BTW- I did a reset and got everything back.

Comment

Dan,

Great report! Good luck with your electronics! I have to bail wife has me pulled in a direction that will not afford the time!!

I will PM you in the future to see if we can connect!

Thanks man!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
                  XXXMedium

Hobie PA12

Comment

Great! I suggest keeping the subscriptions up and updating your card with their community edits. It costs but it has paid off for me in the long run. On my finder I usually run a split screen with the Chart mapping and 2D (downscan sometimes for structure or on my 7ti the sidescan imaging.) so I can tell whats happening in the areas I traverse.

Comment

You’d better hop to it or there will be NO fishing for you!

Comment

Working...
                      X