Loch Raven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loch Raven

I already posted this to the pickerel thread but I thought I would put it here as well. I caught 6 Pike and 5 pickerel fishing the shore at Loch Raven today. The biggest was a 35 incher.big pike 1.jpgbig 35.jpgnice pike.jpg

Dang!
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

That's a hell of a day! 20 years of fishing and I still haven't hooked into a pike...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You know its a good day when you have to bust out the Stanley Tape Measure!

WOW Congrats!
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Went back to the loch today fished for an hour and a half. I caught 2 pike and 2 pickerel, nothing huge. For those of you chasing large toothy fish make sure you have a pair of mouth spreaders, a pair of long pliers and a pair of wire cutters. I usually only use single hook swimbaits to make things easier. I got a new lure with 3 trebles that I wanted to try out and the fish liked it. Unfortunately one fish last week had all 3 trebles hooked down in its mouth. Today a fish had one hook from the bottom treble through its lower jaw, one hook through its top jaw and one hook in my finger. I got my finger off, cut the bottom hook off then spread the mouth and got out the top hook. Both fish swam away ok but without the right tools they wouldn't have made it.1 pike.jpg

Comment

Great report. I enjoy catching pike. Almost as much fun as a snakehead.

Comment

Thanks I enjoy catching pike also, have not caught a snakehead yet. I'll have to work on that.

Comment

Working...
              X