Slower Lower 11-15 report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slower Lower 11-15 report

Launched at daybreak this morning from St. Jerome’s Creek...figured the forecast for 12-27 mph north wind would be a tough go most anywhere but with the topography of the creek it wouldn’t be too rough...water temp at launch was 47 degrees, but climbed to 50.7 in the inlet...Sunup greeted me with plenty of birds working but top water was a no go...worked three different lures- two poppers and a Bonk-A-Donk- not a single blowup...swapped out to 3/8 oz jighead and pearl/chart bass assassin Sea Shads...hooked up immediately- lost count of fish...much more than a dozen mostly 14-16 inch fish but mixed in were a few keepers- landed a 21 early on and a couple of hours later a 20 1/2...the dredge showed up around 9:30 or so...started scooping up sand and muck- killed the bite almost immediately...iced down the fish and was home before noon...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

would have loved to have joined, but......THE JOB!
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Kevin- I hear you- used to be me before Retirement...Yak67 was originally going with me but texted me he couldn’t make it...I looked at FishWeather and figured it was the best day of the week weather-wise, so I decided to go ahead- it was a little sloppy today but not too rough...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

any signs of trout? And one assumes the redfish have pushed further to the south as the water has cooled?
        ========================
        Hobie Pro Angler 14
        Hobie Outback
        Hobie Mirage i11s
        Check out all my vids at www.yakvids.com
        Follow on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEp...eAiuK2n9i5RFNg
        Follow on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yakvids/

Comment

Working...
        X