No announcement yet.

Chinese Rotomolded Coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want at least 2. What do you consider small and large? Is the chart pictured in one of your posts the sizes available for these coolers? What colors are available? How much extra are the wheels

1 will be 110 w/wheels
    Last edited by Memory Maker; 12-01-2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kuljc View Post
      thanks silasvirus82 for setting this up. I tried looking around their alibaba site, but couldn't see if they made anything in the yeti 160 or 210 size range. They might start to get out of my price range, but are you able to ask for these specs and prices?
      I do not know if they make larger than 110QT, but I can ask. I'm sure you could save some serious cash the bigger you go.

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
      I want at least 2. What do you consider small and large? Is the chart pictured in one of your posts the sizes available for these coolers? What colors are available? How much extra are the wheels

1 will be 110 w/wheels
      I'm putting together unit prices now for all sizes and options, which to my knowledge is what you see in the chart. Colors available are pretty much anything you want including mixed (see below), and I'm getting info on the wheels as well.

Colors.jpg

I don't think this chart even shows all the available colors.
      Last edited by silasvirus82; 12-01-2017, 09:09 AM.
      2015 Hobie Outback
      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Hey Silas,
        I will take a 45 w/wheels in white. Thx for organizing this group purchase.

Comment

Guys,
          Sorry to say but I ain't buying anything from China. I know they are cheaper but I buy American as often as I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ATAK140Jim View Post
            Guys,
            Sorry to say but I ain't buying anything from China. I know they are cheaper but I buy American as often as I can.
            That Vivitar camera you promoted a while back I can almost guarantee came from China. Sometimes you get what you pay for buying American, sometimes you don't. No reason to cast judgement on others.
            2015 Hobie Outback
            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
              That Vivitar camera you promoted a while back I can almost guarantee came from China. Sometimes you get what you pay for buying American, sometimes you don't. No reason to cast judgement on others.
              Not casting judgement. Just trying to keep American dollars in America. I got the camera by trading in MD Lottery points, no money spent. My brother-in-law collects used scratch-off tickets and I redeem the points.

Comment

Samsung Electronics is currently manufacturing 50 percent of its mobile phones in Vietnam and only 8 percent in Korea. At present, Samsung Electronics is running six mobile phone manufacturing facilities in the six countries of Vietnam, China, India, Brazil, Indonesia, and Korea.

BTW, I wonder where Wilderness Systems makes their yaks....
                Last edited by smithmal; 12-01-2017, 01:41 PM.
                smithmal

2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
                Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

2012 Nova Craft Pal 16' in Royalex-Lite (Burgundy)

1990 Radisson 12' (SportsPal)

Comment

Just trying to keep American dollars in America.
                  Your heart is in the right place, and I can appreciate that, but the fact is it is impossible to go about a normal daily life in the US worrying about where this or that came from. I'm a pragmatic person and choose to purchase goods that are functional, durable, and priced right. Buying a $400 Yeti might make some people feel good, but I'd rather invest the $300 I didn't throw away, and hopefully retire a few days earlier. Wal-Mart was the last breath of buy American, and we can all see how that has changed since Sam died.
                  2015 Hobie Outback
                  2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                    Your heart is in the right place, and I can appreciate that, but the fact is it is impossible to go about a normal daily life in the US worrying about where this or that came from. I'm a pragmatic person and choose to purchase goods that are functional, durable, and priced right. Buying a $400 Yeti might make some people feel good, but I'd rather invest the $300 I didn't throw away, and hopefully retire a few days earlier. Wal-Mart was the last breath of buy American, and we can all see how that has changed since Sam died.
                    You are absolutely right. I am retired and you have to watch every dollar. I accidentally ordered something on the web and did not check the origin. 10 weeks later I received shipping info. Just a warning.

Comment

Some Yeti’s are made in the US, but some come from the Philippines. The Hopper coolers come from China. Their website says if you want a US made one to just ask. I guess it’s a crap shoot if you buy from a retail store where it comes from.
                      Mike
                      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I try...if there is a toss up I always buy made in the USA...unfortunately China has bought the manufacturing market with slave labor...nothing is cheaper than zero costs for labor...and USA Corporations are falling all over themselves sending all the manufacturing jobs to China they can...we used to complain about Japan but now they have high unemployment like Mexico and India...in our children’s lifetime there will be no job- none- AI and robotics can (and will) replace every task performed by humans...medical, agricultural, service, R&D, Environmental, and manufacturing...humans will be totally redundant...so let’s go fishing...
                        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                          I try...if there is a toss up I always buy made in the USA...unfortunately China has bought the manufacturing market with slave labor...nothing is cheaper than zero costs for labor...and USA Corporations are falling all over themselves sending all the manufacturing jobs to China they can...we used to complain about Japan but now they have high unemployment like Mexico and India...in our children’s lifetime there will be no job- none- AI and robotics can (and will) replace every task performed by humans...medical, agricultural, service, R&D, Environmental, and manufacturing...humans will be totally redundant...so let’s go fishing...
                          Amen

Comment

Can we please not hi jack the thread ......... I am interested in buying a couple and not reading 2 pages of debate. Can we now get back to these ice chests ........ please

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                              Can we please not hi jack the thread ......... I am interested in buying a couple and not reading 2 pages of debate. Can we now get back to these ice chests ........ please
                              Still short a few commitments to place an order. Also, still waiting on pricing and availability for the other sizes discussed previously. Without at least 10 total though this isn't going to happen.
                              2015 Hobie Outback
                              2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I think you have over 10 with answers to accurate dimension and pricing information ....... I know I need to know this info.

silasvirus82 - 1 45QT, 1 75QT, 1 110QT
                                summersoff -
                                Redfish12 -
                                whenican - 1 45QT
                                kuljc -
                                yakscientist - 1 45QT
                                thehobielife - 1 45QT
                                Memory Maker - 1 110QT, 1 ?

Comment

Working...
                                X