Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chinese Rotomolded Coolers

I try...if there is a toss up I always buy made in the USA...unfortunately China has bought the manufacturing market with slave labor...nothing is cheaper than zero costs for labor...and USA Corporations are falling all over themselves sending all the manufacturing jobs to China they can...we used to complain about Japan but now they have high unemployment like Mexico and India...in our childrenís lifetime there will be no job- none- AI and robotics can (and will) replace every task performed by humans...medical, agricultural, service, R&D, Environmental, and manufacturing...humans will be totally redundant...so letís go fishing...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

Quote Originally Posted by ronaultmtd View Post
    I try...if there is a toss up I always buy made in the USA...unfortunately China has bought the manufacturing market with slave labor...nothing is cheaper than zero costs for labor...and USA Corporations are falling all over themselves sending all the manufacturing jobs to China they can...we used to complain about Japan but now they have high unemployment like Mexico and India...in our childrenís lifetime there will be no job- none- AI and robotics can (and will) replace every task performed by humans...medical, agricultural, service, R&D, Environmental, and manufacturing...humans will be totally redundant...so letís go fishing...
    Amen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Can we please not hi jack the thread ......... I am interested in buying a couple and not reading 2 pages of debate. Can we now get back to these ice chests ........ please

Quote Originally Posted by Memory Maker View Post
    Can we please not hi jack the thread ......... I am interested in buying a couple and not reading 2 pages of debate. Can we now get back to these ice chests ........ please
    Still short a few commitments to place an order. Also, still waiting on pricing and availability for the other sizes discussed previously. Without at least 10 total though this isn't going to happen.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

I think you have over 10 with answers to accurate dimension and pricing information ....... I know I need to know this info.

silasvirus82 - 1 45QT, 1 75QT, 1 110QT
    summersoff -
    Redfish12 -
    whenican - 1 45QT
    kuljc -
    yakscientist - 1 45QT
    thehobielife - 1 45QT
    Memory Maker - 1 110QT, 1 ?

Sorry, haven’t been on in a while. I’ll take a 45. Would have got another one, but my beloved beach cruiser cherokee just died and in search of another one.
    Again, thanks for putting this together
    13' Sand Revo
    16' Yellow Tarpon
    10' Red Ocean Tandem
    Old Red Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by summersoff View Post
    Sorry, havenít been on in a while. Iíll take a 45. Would have got another one, but my beloved beach cruiser cherokee just died and in search of another one.
    Again, thanks for putting this together
    Sorry to hear that. If you donít mind driving Iíd look for another one in AZ or NM. My dad recently bought a Suzuki Samurai down there and there wasnít a speck of rust anywhere. Super cool little trail buggy.

Just need 1 more commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

For informational purposes, why are you guys interested in getting these advanced coolers? In what situations do you find yourself where you need to keep something cool for several days? I'm assuming the people listed above go on long multi-day kayaking trips? These coolers are twice the weight of a lower cost Coleman Xtreme which I listed earlier in this thread (25lbs vs 12lbs).

I purchased the 50 quart Coleman Xtreme which should be completely fine for a full day fishing trip. Anything past that I wouldn't count on. Do you have two coolers that you swap depending upon the situation (a lighter one for single day trip and a Yeti-like cooler for multi-day trip) or is the additional weight not a big deal on the overall load of the yak? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

smithmal
    2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
    Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

Quote Originally Posted by smithmal View Post
    For informational purposes, why are you guys interested in getting these advanced coolers?
    I'm not putting a cooler on my yak, this is for my truck or campsite on extended day trips. One trip in particular that I hope to take every year is 3-4 days plus travel. Having to go out and buy ice twice is annoying. I also plan to do more cross-country hunting trips where I might be hauling a huge load of meat for several days. I know from experience that a quality sealed cooler like this will hold frozen meat much better than your standard Coleman cooler. In summary, mine are for extended trips, plus I don't plan to ever buy another cooler.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

I was looking for a bigger cooler but it looks like I’m inheriting one from my dad. Count me out on this buy
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers Co-Founder - www.chesapeakebaykayakanglers.com
    Hobie Local Kayak Fishing Team - Backyard Boats, MD