No announcement yet.

Chinese Rotomolded Coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, haven’t been on in a while. I’ll take a 45. Would have got another one, but my beloved beach cruiser cherokee just died and in search of another one.
    Again, thanks for putting this together
    Jay

10' Green Slayer
    13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
      Sorry, haven’t been on in a while. I’ll take a 45. Would have got another one, but my beloved beach cruiser cherokee just died and in search of another one.
      Again, thanks for putting this together
      Sorry to hear that. If you don’t mind driving I’d look for another one in AZ or NM. My dad recently bought a Suzuki Samurai down there and there wasn’t a speck of rust anywhere. Super cool little trail buggy.

Just need 1 more commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2015 Hobie Outback
      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

For informational purposes, why are you guys interested in getting these advanced coolers? In what situations do you find yourself where you need to keep something cool for several days? I'm assuming the people listed above go on long multi-day kayaking trips? These coolers are twice the weight of a lower cost Coleman Xtreme which I listed earlier in this thread (25lbs vs 12lbs).

I purchased the 50 quart Coleman Xtreme which should be completely fine for a full day fishing trip. Anything past that I wouldn't count on. Do you have two coolers that you swap depending upon the situation (a lighter one for single day trip and a Yeti-like cooler for multi-day trip) or is the additional weight not a big deal on the overall load of the yak? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

smithmal
        smithmal

2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
        Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

2012 Nova Craft Pal 16' in Royalex-Lite (Burgundy)

1990 Radisson 12' (SportsPal)

Comment

Originally posted by smithmal View Post
          For informational purposes, why are you guys interested in getting these advanced coolers?
          I'm not putting a cooler on my yak, this is for my truck or campsite on extended day trips. One trip in particular that I hope to take every year is 3-4 days plus travel. Having to go out and buy ice twice is annoying. I also plan to do more cross-country hunting trips where I might be hauling a huge load of meat for several days. I know from experience that a quality sealed cooler like this will hold frozen meat much better than your standard Coleman cooler. In summary, mine are for extended trips, plus I don't plan to ever buy another cooler.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I was looking for a bigger cooler but it looks like I’m inheriting one from my dad. Count me out on this buy
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I have had several back and forth communications with this particular supplier at this point, and the more we talk the further apart we seem to be getting. The bottom-line is, unless we are buying a full containers worth of coolers, she has convinced me it's not going to be cost effective. However, she is finding me a US supplier for their coolers now, and I will share the info when I get it. She mentioned that their coolers are higher quality than many of their Chinese competitors (I can see that in pictures), and is trying to look out for our interests in terms of cost. Most likely we will not have the flexibility on colors now, but we should still be able to get whatever else we want in terms of options. Again, I'll post more information later.

Sorry this didn't work out as I had hoped, but I tried my best. Lesson learned is, don't buy direct from China unless it's a really big order. On a side note, this same company also makes some pretty nice looking kayaks, SUPs, and canoes.
              2015 Hobie Outback
              2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I’ve received responses on the same stuff too. I wanted to know the dimensions and some other info that wasn’t posted. I was going to participate in this buy so I didn’t go further. I will check further now.

Comment

So is this deal DOA?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
                  smithmal

2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
                  Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

2012 Nova Craft Pal 16' in Royalex-Lite (Burgundy)

1990 Radisson 12' (SportsPal)

Comment

Try eBay. The company I spoke with seemed uninterested in selling direct to me and suggested buying from eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    2015 Hobie Outback
                    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Working...
                    X