Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Rotomolded Coolers

I would def be in if we did a group buy. I will have to check out the sizes. They'd come in handy even if just to hold ice/fish for our jbay trip. I think the one I use, the red/white igloo, is a 40 or 46 and it's perfect for my usual usage.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Question is what sort of foam & thickness is on the inside of the "yoti." Also I believe the interlock between the lid and the base are very important to retain ice in the cooler. Here's a video showing the difference of a cross section between a yeti and a mule:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHUJmfipkoY

Here's a video comparing a yeti to a ozark trail (in case you were wondering; NSFW):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVYisJefD0s

Sometimes you can get a good deal with Chinese knockoffs although you can forget about any type of warranty support. Yeti's come with a 3/5 year warranty depending upon the model you purchase.

smithmal
    2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
    Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

Quote Originally Posted by yakscientist View Post
    I would def be in if we did a group buy. I will have to check out the sizes. They'd come in handy even if just to hold ice/fish for our jbay trip. I think the one I use, the red/white igloo, is a 40 or 46 and it's perfect for my usual usage.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I'd be down for a group buy as well. let us know if the seller is willing to do something like this.

If I read the specs right the 45 QT cooler is 11.5 KG, almost 25 pounds. That’s a lot of weight to haul around, without ice.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

I have a few responses back and now I'm working through the shipping details. Most of these companies do not arrange shipping (Ex Works), so I need to figure that out on my own. To make this worth it, I'll probably need to buy at least 10 coolers, and the more the better.

Currently prices range from $56-100 for 35-45L coolers, and $65-150 for 75-100L coolers. The ones I like are below:

20L look like this
    Rotomolded-coolers-made-in-China-from-KUER (2).jpg

All others like this. With or without wheels

Rotomolded-coolers-made-in-China-from-KUER (1).jpg

Rotomolded-coolers-made-in-China-from-KUER.jpg

They can make them any color including mixed colors.

HTB1a8AhPVXXXXc0XFXX760XFXXX1.jpg

If you guys really want to do this, I'll need firm commitments with money. It could take several weeks after we place an order actually get them.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    If I read the specs right the 45 QT cooler is 11.5 KG, almost 25 pounds. That’s a lot of weight to haul around, without ice.
    A Yeti of similar size is basically exactly the same weight. They are heavy because they are well made and well insulated. The only real advantage is if you do any extended trips out of a cooler. For a days use these are not necessary.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

My 45 Yeti was a great companion on a long summer road/camping trip. Kept food cold in a hot car for days. Block ice when I could get it worked better than cubes. I would usually add 8 pounds of ice every 3 to 4 days. There was always some ice still left. I'd drain most of the water and add the new ice. These would probably perform similarly. I agree with Silasvirus82 though no need for day trips.
    Last edited by WOOD YAK; 11-16-2017 at 10:47 PM.
    WOOD DUCK 12

I'm interested in participating in the group buy. I prefer a cooler w/ wheels.

I'm still working on shipping, this is not going to be easy, but hopefully worth it. It looks like we have maybe 5 commitments plus a few people I know personally, so it might be doable. I might get an extra 10 and make a buck or two, see how the shipping quote looks when it comes back.

I will say this is the only rotomolded cooler I've seen with a wheel option, which I think is great. The hardware is all quality stainless and you can actually buy replacement parts for these if need be too. I wouldn't count on the logo at this point though, but you can pick whatever color option, including mixed, you want.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Take a look at Rtic coolers. They are 25% off now. I bought a 45 for around $120
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team